• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting WFH With the Other Half

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting WFH With the Other Half

Do any of you do this?

There are obvious benefits, the main one is watching the combined day rates coming in .
    The other is having a sound board to curse at whilst on muted conference calls.
    Decent Coffees always on and proper bacon is in the fridge.

The downside is having to potentially listen to two batches of absolute muppetry all day
    The Chunt of Chunts.

My other half suggest I took a role on with her business but I politely declined.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      My other half suggest I took a role on with her business but I politely declined.
      Some things are just not for turning
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

MMM's other half is on a totally different gig. She's got more sense than to work with him and would realise he's actually a grumpy fecker who moans far too much.

The good coffee at a decent price is a massive bonus, I agree.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          MMM's other half is on a totally different gig. She's got more sense than to work with him and would realise he's actually a grumpy fecker who moans far too much.

The good coffee at a decent price is a massive bonus, I agree.
          Oi, yer cheeky get!

She already knows that in any case
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

she bought you knee pads and everything.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              she bought you knee pads and everything.
              Although, I suspect, it wasn't damage to his knees he was really worried about
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

She just said that she wanted to widen her social circle....
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I wouldn't work in the same space, I'd look to have separate 'office' areas if you have space at home for that.

The other downside is that neither of you get time apart from each other or your jobs. I'm not sure I could handle that.

Comment

On a more serious note. We have single long desk with two working spaces and the printer in the middle at home and both of us hate it if the other is WFH as well. She needs to concentrate fairly hard for periods so I put her off and I need to walk about, have a bit of music on, listen to exhaust noise comparisons on YouTube etc which drives her nuts and I get it in the neck etc

I have to walk out the office to take a call and she shuts the door behind me, finish my call and the fecking door is shut. How did that happen, I never shut doors. So I waltz back in, leaving the door open and get it in the neck.

I hate it. We do everything we possibly can to organize WFH on different days.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X