• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Bregretters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Bregretters?

Anyone on here just wish they hadn't voted leave and we wouldn't have this interminable, tedious noise about Brexit polluting just about every media channel 90% of the time?

Oh for the status quo

(maybe that's their gambit )

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Anyone on here just wish they hadn't voted leave and we wouldn't have this interminable, tedious noise about Brexit polluting just about every media channel 90% of the time?

Oh for the status quo
    If I had to vote again, I would still vote Leave, probably even more so than the first time round based on what has been happening since...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      If I had to vote again, I would still vote Leave, probably even more so than the first time round based on what has been happening since...
      This ^
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If anyone has watched how the EU has reacted and doesn't want to get as far away as they can then they are either gutless or stupid.

Yes I want to do business with them, no I don't want to be ruled by them.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It certainly is rather tiresome but there is some slight element of excitement about seeing history unfold around us.

It's less dull than all the campaigning pre-referendum at least.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It is dividing friendships, relationships, and families.

I do regret the referendum taking place.

On the basis of division generated, I genuinely would prefer that the whole thing had never happened.

It boils down to the fact that my personal views of being a member/not a member of the EU are outweighed by the division and grievances it is causing upon those I care about.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I said that months before the referendum had taken place as a result of the Scottish referendum. Even after the Scottish referendum the divide is still there.

The harm David Cameron has done will be long lasting. It'll be years before both sides find a common ground. And it'll not be found by telling people they should suck it up, like May did today. That'll just push people apart if anything else.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

On the basis of division generated, I genuinely would prefer that the whole thing had never happened.

It boils down to the fact that my personal views of being a member/not a member of the EU are outweighed by the division and grievances it is causing upon those I care about.
                Yes, I think I'd very much go along with that.

We seem to be polarised into remainers and leavers and it seems that even round the family dining table it's something we can't escape.
                Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 17 January 2017, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Then don't share your views with those will be upset by them. Me and Mrs K78 voted differently but there is no way we would let that get between us - she hates me for many other things I do. Same with friends, respect each others views and know when to air them and when to keep schtum.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    Then don't share your views with those will be upset by them. Me and Mrs K78 voted differently but there is no way we would let that get between us - she hates me for many other things I do. Same with friends, respect each others views and know when to air them and when to keep schtum.
                    I am very much keeping schtum now with friends and family.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X