• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning sentence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning sentence

President Barack Obama has commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence for leaking documents to Wikileaks in 2010.
    The 29-year-old transgender US Army private, born Bradley Manning, will be freed on 17 May instead of her scheduled 2045 release.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38659068

Didn't see that coming, can't wait to see what Trump makes of it, I wonder if he can over turn the decision
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Trump will say that Obama let out leaker who hurt Republicans, so in retalliation he will pardon Snowden and Assange...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Obama commutes Chelsea Manning sentence - BBC News

Didn't see that coming, can't wait to see what Trump makes of it, I wonder if he can over turn the decision
      AFAIK, Trump can do nothing about it, a Presidential pardon cannot be appealed.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        AFAIK, Trump can do nothing about it, a Presidential pardon cannot be appealed.
        Why would he WANT to do anything about it?

He is very happy now, can say that Obama pardoned people who leaked things to hurt Republicans, awesome present.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Why would he WANT to do anything about it?

He is very happy now, can say that Obama pardoned people who leaked things to hurt Republicans, awesome present.
          I wasn't suggesting he would want to do anything about it, merely confirming that he can't.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I wasn't suggesting he would want to do anything about it, merely confirming that he can't.
            He can't do most of the stuff he's promised to do, nevermind other stuff

Comment

He can't do most of the stuff he's promised to do, nevermind other stuff
              On that subject, roughly how long is the Great Wall Of China, relative to the US-mexico border? About 5:1, give or take, and without looking it up. It took the Chinese about 600 years to complete their version, and they had access to slave labour. Yet the Mayor of Trumpton wants (in fact needs) to build his version in less than 4 years. And then he'll send them a bill. I hope they pay it in cocaine

Comment

He's already said that it will be a "fence"

Comment

He's already said that it will be a "fence"
                  So he's already downsizing it from a wall to a fence. He really knows how to scare the living tulip out of the drug / illegal immigrant smuggling community.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X