• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast of Champignons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast of Champignons

Well actually that was Monday I had mushrooms, this morning it was actually curried Carrot soup. Miss V3 and I made it in the slow cooker last night.

Yummy

https://simple-nourished-living.com/...d-carrot-soup/

So how did you have yours?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A couple of times recently I've made chilli with mushrooms (much nicer than beans) at the weekend, which has the added benefit of leaving some mushrooms left over to have with bacon and scrambled eggs Sunday morning. Yum.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Well actually that was Monday I had mushrooms, this morning it was actually curried Carrot soup. Miss V3 and I made it in the slow cooker last night.

Yummy

I'm a mushroom maniac!

Often to be seen traipsing over the local meadows with a wicker basket over one arm.

To me, a plate sized field mushroom fried in butter on a thick slice of buttery toast is manna from heaven.

Mmmm.... you just don't get those lovely rich, black juices soaking into the bread with the shop bought ones.

Other faves I pick locally are various boletes, parasol mushrooms, blewitts, puffballs, hedgehog fungus.

And that's just the autumn. In spring there are a few places where I gather St George's mushrooms and another where morelles grow.

Then of course there's the year round Jew's ear that I often use as an ingredient in soups.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        A couple of times recently I've made chilli with mushrooms (much nicer than beans) at the weekend, which has the added benefit of leaving some mushrooms left over to have with bacon and scrambled eggs Sunday morning. Yum.
        Mushrooms are great in chilli, or curry, they absorb the spices fabulously. Mmm.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Does anyone else like to farage?

There's so much stuff in our hedgerows and coastal littorals that make good eats!

Looking forward to picking Marsh samphire in a few months. Will get a nice bit of skate delivered direct from Lyme Regis in time for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            Does anyone else like to farage?
            Apparently LBC do.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Yummy

I like mushrooms but for breakfast, Jesus Christ!!!! You are a real Britie.

I like fried only with garlic. If I want a sauce for example for a beef I include cream, Porto wine and pepper to the mushrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                I like mushrooms but for breakfast, Jesus Christ!!!! You are a real Britie.

I like fried only with garlic. If I want a sauce for example for a beef I include cream, Porto wine and pepper to the mushrooms.
                I often start the day with a 4 egg mushroom omelette.

I have one of those omelette makers that you put in the microwave and I've perfected a technique where the end result is nicely cooked without being rubbery.

Nyam-nyam!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  I often start the day with a 4 egg mushroom omelette.

I have one of those omelette makers that you put in the microwave and I've perfected a technique where the end result is nicely cooked without being rubbery.

Nyam-nyam!!
                  4 eggs!!! Are you kidding?!

How fat are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    4 eggs!!! Are you kidding?!

How fat are you?
                    Nothing fattening there.

It's a good carbohydrate free meal!

Comment

Working...
                    X