• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody else going to Essen in April ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else going to Essen in April ?

Morning All,

anybody making the annual pilgrimage to Essen in April

Techno Classica Essen

Milan.

I guess that's a no
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Possibly. I go to Essen quite a bit and I've been before and makes for a good day out. Frau D. is looking at getting a Frogeye Sprite plus she's given me the go ahead for a new car although she's started hinting at: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...edes-amg-gt-r/ but it's only a two seater. Have you been to Essen for: ESSEN MOTOR SHOW | Europas führende Messe für sportliche Fahrzeuge which tends to be a bit more in the area of tuning?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Morning All,

anybody making the annual pilgrimage to Essen in April

Techno Classica Essen

Milan.
        "Grandad visited in 1944 but didn't touch down" Boris Johnson . Feb 2017.

Comment

I'm in Essen now.

Cold and grey.

Comment

Comment

I've been threatening to go since '02. Need a few trim bits for my Panzerwagen. It always seems to coincide with more important "things", however.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

April no, although I might be tempted to go in October for SPIEL
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Possibly. I go to Essen quite a bit and I've been before and makes for a good day out. Frau D. is looking at getting a Frogeye Sprite plus she's given me the go ahead for a new car although she's started hinting at: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...edes-amg-gt-r/ but it's only a two seater. Have you been to Essen for: ESSEN MOTOR SHOW | Europas führende Messe für sportliche Fahrzeuge which tends to be a bit more in the area of tuning?
                  I'm not into tuning, the closest I get to tuning is accidently putting the expensive diesel in my car

I'm into the old cars and classics - in that respect Essen is mecca, the largest event in Europe

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                    "Grandad visited in 1944 but didn't touch down" Boris Johnson . Feb 2017.

Flashman,

you are Little Britain and I claim my 10pounds prize.

Jokes aside, Great Uncle, Grandfather's Sister's Husband, was a Lancaster pilot in WWII.

He flew bombing raids to Germany, photography runs to Germany photographing from the Ruhr valley across to Dresden and Berlin, and flew aid parcels to Holland which were thrown from the aircraft at low altitude.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X