• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So hard Brexit it is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hard Brexit it is

Hard to argue it won't have a negative impact.
    Also hard to quantify that negative impact.
    I think for experienced graduates with hard degrees down south, the impact will be minimal, since they are in short supply.
    But the Brexiter demographic, particularly up North, are in for a very rough time.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Hard to argue it won't have a negative impact.
    Also hard to quantify that negative impact.
    I think for experienced graduates with hard degrees down south, the impact will be minimal, since they are in short supply.
    But the Brexiter demographic, particularly up North, are in for a very rough time.
    they were in for a rough time regardless - hence voting for the not the status quo option in June....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Some speculative piffle deleted
      Talking about the "Saddest thing about Brexit"! Here he is in all his pompous glory.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sterling is slipping again...

DOOMED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Talking about the "Saddest thing about Brexit"! Here he is in all his pompous glory.

So you think Brexit will be a good thing for this country?
          Lets resurrect this thread 2 years from now, you cretinous imbecile.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you think Brexit will be a good thing for this country?
            Did I say that, or would I need to have said that to add any validity to your ridiculously gloomy speculative guessing?

Lets resurrect this thread 2 years from now, you cretinous imbecile.
            Why choose an arbitrary figure of only 2 years? It may take longer to quantify the long term ramifications. I am prepared to play the long game.
            You ought to try it sometime instead of constantly skipping about, desperately hoping for quick fixes all the time to appease your limited attention span.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

May can trigger article 50, based on the mandate given by the referendum, but she has no mandate to trigger Article 127 of the European Economic Area agreement which sets out the mechanism for leaving the single market. so even after brexit we would still be in the EEA

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                May can trigger article 50, based on the mandate given by the referendum, but she has no mandate to trigger Article 127 of the European Economic Area agreement which sets out the mechanism for leaving the single market. so even after brexit we would still be in the EEA
                It's completely moot since May has announced that both houses of Parliament will get a vote on the final deal. Either the deal will be approved, together with any formal processes, or it won't be approved. If it isn't approved, there will be a GE, and the GE will seek to resolve all outstanding questions (regardless of whether A50 has been determined to be reversible in the intervening period, whether A127 has meaning within an A50 process etc.). The only hope for continuity Bremain is a GE, but it's quite likely that the default position will be WTO, if this happens at the end of the A50 process, while that is being resolved (hence enormous pressure on both houses to vote in favour).

Comment

If there's a GE what's the bets it's a hung parliament and coalition government

in which case, all bets are off and it's remain

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    I don't think that's correct. To be in the EEA, you have to either be in the EU or in EFTA. We are not in EFTA and once we leave the EU, we will not be in that either. So we wouldn't be in the EEA.

(Personally, I think the 'Flexcit' approach preached by eureferendum.com - i.e. EFTA membership, so being in the EEA - is the way forwards. We voted to leave the political European Union, we didn't vote to leave the EEA, that we weren't asked about)
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                    X