• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prime minister wants Scots 'fully engaged' in Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime minister wants Scots 'fully engaged' in Brexit

"I know you voted against it but you're to put that behind you now"

The PM has some nerve. It is almost as if she is trying to alienate the Scots.

Mark my words before this Tory government is over it'll go down in history as having caused the most damage to the realm in these past 100 years.

Prime minister wants Scots 'fully engaged' in Brexit - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Mark my words before this Tory government is over it'll go down in history as having caused the most damage to the realm in these past 100 years.

Prime minister wants Scots 'fully engaged' in Brexit - BBC News
    What are the Scots going to do now. Vote to leave the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframe gent View Post
      What are the Scots going to do now. Vote to leave the UK?
      Annex Yorkshire and join EU, allow Soviet nuclear subs to moor.

You've heard it on here first...

Comment

Prime minister wants Scots 'fully enraged' in Brexit
        FTFY.

Comment

down in history as having caused the most damage to the realm in these past 100 years
          IIRC that will remain the last Labourites , even if your own crystal ball gazing actually comes true. Don't mention pensions to Gordo B, he's a little sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Annex Yorkshire and join EEU, allow Soviet nuclear subs to moor.

You've heard it on here first...
            FTFY

Comment

It was a referendum on whether the United Kingdom should leave the European Union. The majority of people in the United Kingdom voted to leave.

It wasn't the case that people who voted to remain get to remain, that isn't how it works. Just like I didn't vote Conservative, but I'm stuck with a Conservative government. A government who told us all that voting for Labour would deliver a Labour and SNP coalition, and that scared enough people into voting Conservative (whose other policy was to deliver an EU referendum).

So pipe down, accept the result, and get on with it. You're not even currently resident in the UK. Do you even pay tax in the UK at the moment?
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Bye bye England, Wales and NI you made your bed now lie in it. Scotland will goes its own way along with oil, other exports and leaving behind the massive debt your incompetence and mismanagement has created.

Trot out as many daily fail inaccuracies as you like but Westminster needs Scotland way more than Scotland needs the rest of the so called UK.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  So pipe down, accept the result, and get on with it. You're not even currently resident in the UK. Do you even pay tax in the UK at the moment?
                  nah Scooter is our own Bob Gerroff / Bonio happy to preach not willing to pay!

The hypocrisy of Bob Geldof | Cherwell.org
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Bye bye England, Wales and NI you made your bed now lie in it. Scotland will goes its own way along with oil, other exports and leaving behind the massive debt your incompetence and mismanagement has created.

Trot out as many daily fail inaccuracies as you like but Westminster needs Scotland way more than Scotland needs the rest of the so called UK.
                    You do realise that 'oil' isn't the thing the SNP thought it was?

Oil companies pretty much not paying tax and have been laying people off left right and centre. If the SNP are still pinning their hopes on oil as being the one thing they have that will let them prosper, then there is a real shock ahead.

You're also mistaken if you think the EU will accept Scotland as a member. It just isn't going to happen.

So why do some Scottish people think that the UK cannot go it alone, but Scotland could?
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                    X