• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're all in the wrong job!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're all in the wrong job!!

Posted on our lovely CUK.....

Residential Valuation Surveyor
    Location: This role is to manage a large portfolio of social houses. You will need to be able to do valuations for a large number of residential properties in a variety of areas in the north of England.

Rate: £1,520 per hour Posted: 2006-11-09 10:34:45
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Posted on our lovely CUK.....

Residential Valuation Surveyor
    Location: This role is to manage a large portfolio of social houses. You will need to be able to do valuations for a large number of residential properties in a variety of areas in the north of England.

Rate: £1,520 per hour Posted: 2006-11-09 10:34:45
    You'd need to pay me more than that to manage social housing!

A mate of mine is a Quantity Surveyor and his firm build quite a lot of social housing. He has to go back and check for defects six months after the houses have been built when they have tenants in them. He does not have a good word to say about how the people in them live, and he is less of a snob than I am.

Comment

I think I could put up with it like - I'd only have to work about 5 days a year
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

I think I could put up with it like - I'd only have to work about 5 days a year
        I know the modern workplace allows greater flexible working and family-friendly policies than they used to - but I would say that taking a job on a five days a year basis would be stretching things a little bit too far.

Imagine trying to sort through your inbox when you return after 51 weeks out of the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
          I know the modern workplace allows greater flexible working and family-friendly policies than they used to - but I would say that taking a job on a five days a year basis would be stretching things a little bit too far.

Imagine trying to sort through your inbox when you return after 51 weeks out of the office!

...so you'd just get paid a fortune for checking your emails? Not much different to now then
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

...so you'd just get paid a fortune for checking your emails? Not much different to now then

...Its a fair cop!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
              ... Imagine trying to sort through your inbox when you return after 51 weeks out of the office!
              Maybe you could spread the 5 days over the year ...????
              Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

Working...
              X