• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The flag of the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flag of the EU

Should it drop a star?

Should the UK flag pole outside the EU fly at half mast?

Should the flag be taken down?

The U.S. Has had loads of iterations:

I personally would like to see a pimped up global Britain flag too, maybe Stirling silver flourishes.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

The number of stars in the EU flag doesn't represent the amount of members anymore for a long time, there are many more members than stars

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      The number of stars in the EU flag doesn't represent the amount of members anymore for a long time, there are many more members than stars
      How democratic

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        How democratic
        Did you really expect 28 stars on the EU flag when it is newer than the US flag?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

As I understand, the circle of stars represents unity so even if there was just Germany left it would still remain as is. I think I remember reading that somewhere but I cba to check.

The blue background was matched to a colour swatch from Mrs de Gaulle's bedroom decorating mood board, if you're interested in that bit too. It was intended to be for the accent colours on the scatter cushions. Charles wasn't keen as he fancied a Moroccan ochre theme so he let her do the flag background instead for the sake of marital harmony.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Did you really expect 28 stars on the EU flag when it is newer than the US flag?
            Always amused me its just the blue bit of the Betsy Ross flag. Wonder how much they paid for it?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Always amused me its just the blue bit of the Betsy Ross flag. Wonder how much they paid for it?
              The stars on the EU are gold rather than white, so it is completely different [emoji38]

Comment

At the risk of being a flag geek - note that Betsy Ross on show for the inauguration...

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Should it drop a star?

I personally would like to see a pimped up global Britain flag too, maybe Stirling silver flourishes.
                  Here are your main options.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    As I understand, the circle of stars represents unity so even if there was just Germany left it would still remain as is. I think I remember reading that somewhere but I cba to check.
                    It was on QI that it's purely to look nice having 12. No idea if QI is reliable.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X