• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK is falling for the far right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK is falling for the far right

Just over half the country are racists and Nazis apparently. If only we stayed in the bliss of teh EU.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...isty.html?_r=0

Europe's new fascism? The far-right leaders hoping to take power in 2017 | The Independent

nope not in those two.

oh look UKIP gets a mention. Controlling immigration is apparently the far right.

Rise of Right-Wing Politics Changes Europe

The granuaid does mention the BNP who got 0.0% of the vote in the last general election. Big players obviously.

https://www.theguardian.com/gall/0,,711990,00.html

beggar me so many racist nutters & so few in the UK.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Seems anything right of centre is far right these days.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      From what I read these organisations are actually pretty nasty, They are also getting >10% of the national Vote which is why its amusing they keep saying the UK is racist & Brexiters are a bunch of Nazis.

Comment

Nope.

The issue is that one of our MPs got killed by someone shouting a far right slogan.

Also 2 of the largest mainstream political parties have incorporated far right fears into their political philosophies instead of admitting the truth of how they both fecked up in government.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          From what I read these organisations are actually pretty nasty, They are also getting >10% of the national Vote which is why its amusing they keep saying the UK is racist & Brexiters are a bunch of Nazis.
          I guess I meant the UK - don't know much about this lot on the continent.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Nope.

The issue is that one of our MPs got killed by someone shouting a far right slogan.

Also 2 of the largest mainstream political parties have incorporated far right fears into their political philosophies instead of admitting the truth of how they both fecked up in government.
            plenty of people have been killed by nutters with all kind of extreme beliefs, sad as it is why does her being an MP make any real difference?

That may be closer to the money. However it seems to be grass roots rejection of unrestrained immigration and poor integration then politicians reacting to it

Comment

Just over half the country are racists and Nazis apparently. If only we stayed in the bliss of teh EU.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...isty.html?_r=0

Europe's new fascism? The far-right leaders hoping to take power in 2017 | The Independent

nope not in those two.

oh look UKIP gets a mention. Controlling immigration is apparently the far right.

Rise of Right-Wing Politics Changes Europe

The granuaid does mention the BNP who got 0.0% of the vote in the last general election. Big players obviously.

https://www.theguardian.com/gall/0,,711990,00.html

beggar me so many racist nutters & so few in the UK.
              I've never bought this UKIP = fascist stuff. UKIP are a democratic party in that if they are ever elected, they could be unelected at a future election. They are racist, but fascist / Nazi are entirely different.

But it seems like the poor stupid snowflake Brexiteers like to feel sorry for themselves because they're being picked on by those clever meanies.

Comment

I guess I meant the UK - don't know much about this lot on the continent.
                I do agree there is a lot of crying wolf when the figures suggest we are nowhere nearly as racist as the rest of the EU or the world. I believe naked racism among educated people is rare among British raised people.

Comment

plenty of people have been killed by nutters with all kind of extreme beliefs, sad as it is why does her being an MP make any real difference?
                  It's because an MP represents British democracy.

While it isn't fair some people are symbols that represent more than who just being a human. So for example when someone attempted to kidnap Prince Anne they were doing more than kidnapping a person as it was a strike at the monarchy and in turn the British Constitution.

That may be closer to the money. However it seems to be grass roots rejection of unrestrained immigration and poor integration then politicians reacting to it
                  Both those political parties had a chance while they were in government to do things about it.

Oddly Blair's ID card idea was probably him trying to do something by the back door when he realised he fecked up. As other EU countries kick out EU migrants if they can't prove they can support themselves after 3-4 months but you can only do that if they register who they are. (In lots of countries you can simply come back again within 7 days though you have to cross the border to another EU country for that time.)
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yes that did happen, 1 person in about 50 million white people in the UK.

3 million Muslims in the UK, 1000 of them went to Syria to fight for ISIS.

1 in 3000 compared to 1 in 50 million.

Are you able to rationalise that?

Comment

Working...
                    X