• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London

Lived and worked there back in the day and enjoyed my time there immensely and love to go back for visits and do the tourist thing.

Could I do it again? Probably not, I've done my time. So for those of you that call it home or have moved there for work is it a life choice or just a temporary work gig prior to moving on however long it might take? Any other city you would rather work or live in? Is there one single reason for your choice to be in London?

Just curious...
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Lived and worked there back in the day and enjoyed my time there immensely and love to go back for visits and do the tourist thing.

Could I do it again? Probably not, I've done my time. So for those of you that call it home or have moved there for work is it a life choice or just a temporary work gig prior to moving on however long it might take? Any other city you would rather work or live in? Is there one single reason for your choice to be in London?

Just curious...
    I know London from a tourist perspective and I wouldn't mind having a life experience there (temporary gig, why it's a nice country to know better and London it's only 2 hours from Lisbon), also in Paris, Viena, and Prague.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Just curious...
      Your question doesn't really make sense.

It's like asking someone from Yorkshire why they only like living in Yorkshire.

It's a mixture of what you are use to and your networks.

Tourists particularly those who have never lived in the UK only see certain touristy areas in London. Those like my friends' from abroad who have lived in the UK including parts of London want to investigate the less well-known tourist areas in London, that people local to that area don't see as special.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He is pished

Comment

Working...
        X