• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining a Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining a Club

Imagine you are contemplating joining a Club (of any sort really).

You unearth beforehand that, if you subsequently opt to Leave that Club, they would do their best to punish you.

How many people here would still go ahead and join that Club?

A simple YES, I would still join up, or a NO, I would tell them where to stick their Membership will do.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

If you leave the golf club you can't expect to have access to green on your own terms, as good as permanent members or at all.

Seems reasonable to me

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Well, if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit....

Last edited by greenlake; 21 January 2017, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If you leave the golf club you can't expect to have access to green on your own terms, as good as permanent members or at all.

Seems reasonable to me
        Not really the question I asked though, was it?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You unearth beforehand that, if you subsequently opt to Leave that Club, they would do their best to punish you.

A simple YES, I would still join up, or a NO, I would tell them where to stick their Membership will do.
          Seriously you're being imbecilic. Not for the first time.

No one is punishing anyone. When you leave a club you lose the benefits. End of story. Whether it's my tennis club or the EU.

Only infantile childish snowflakes expect to keep the benefits when they leave.

FFS I think 60 years of the nanny state has addled brains in this country
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Tangential irrelevant wibble deleted
            Was the question too complex for you?

Comment

The fact that you spend your Saturday evening trying to find someone to blame reveals more about you than you think.

Fact is you and you fellow cretins have fooked up. it's not the EU's fault.

HTH. BIKIW.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The fact that you spend your Saturday evening trying to find someone to blame reveals more about you than you think.
                I am not blaming anyone for anything. I got the result I voted for and am quite happy to let it play out.

But back to my question, Would you join such a Club....YES or NO?

Take your time...........

Comment

Well no-one would apart from you but you're a special case which is why you had to ask this question as you're not too sure whether to join the club that you allude to
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Well no-one would apart from you but you're a special case which is why you had to ask this question as you're not too sure whether to join the club that you allude to
                    I am comfortable in the knowledge that I would never join such a club.

Well done to you though, you are the first Bremainer that has actually mastered answering the question.

AtW and sasguru have both retired to mull it over..........

Comment

Working...
                    X