• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pope is a muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pope is a muppet

Pope Francis warns against rise in populism - BBC News

Wrong on so many levels. "Hitler didn't steal the power, his people voted for him" - wrong. "Pope Francis has warned against a rise in populism" - so people should not think for themselves? Maybe priests could speak on our behalf....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Wrong on so many levels. "Hitler didn't steal the power, his people voted for him" - wrong. "Pope Francis has warned against a rise in populism" - so people should not think for themselves? Maybe priests could speak on our behalf....
    The press conference from earlier in the US where his spokesman banged on about how many people turned up to see Herr Trump become dictator of the US reminded me of Comical Ali the press officer from the Iraq war. Laughable really, but quite scary.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I agree with the Pope, Trump is a populist and I'm tired to say it here, Hitler was also a populist and a brilliant psychopath.

Is the populism increasing among politicians.? Clearly a Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        The press conference from earlier in the US where his spokesman banged on about how many people turned up to see Herr Trump become dictator of the US reminded me of Comical Ali the press officer from the Iraq war. Laughable really, but quite scary.
        Perhaps his slogan will be "it's the ratings, stupid".
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It helps ones elections when you have well organized squads of brown-shirts to help you a tad

Also in first election Hitler did not have over 50% of votes (if my memory serves me right)

Comment

The pope is a muppet
            eek....!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              I agree with the Pope, Trump is a populist and I'm tired to say it here, Hitler was also a populist and a brilliant psychopath.

Is the populism increasing among politicians.? Clearly a Yes.
              Clearly there is every risk of a new Hitler so perhaps best to do away with elections altogether? Why take the chance?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I heard on the news the Trump camp had released a photo of the crowds at the inauguration that was actually from Obama's previous inauguration.

It's obvious how this is going to go. Trump will be a great president, and Brexit will be a huge success. All the history books and newspapers from the time will prove that to be true, even though none of the people quite remember it like that. Also we'll all be required to believe that 2+2 = 5.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Populism is telling people what they want to hear in order that they'll vote for you. It's the very opposite of letting people think for themselves; that would involve telling people the truth.

IIRC Hitler tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to become President, but then with the Nazis the largest party in Parliament senile old President Hindenberg appointed him Chancellor. So you could say the people never chose Hitler, but he did have a mandate as the people did vote for the party. In that respect he's exactly the same as Teresa May.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    In other news, Madonna will be off to Gitmo soon, considering what she said about the White House.
                    Madonna on the women's march! The irony of a woman who's used her tits and ass to make a living for the last 30-add years.

As for the Pope, sorry if someone is proving more popular than your kiddy-fiddling control mechanism; deal with it.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X