• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whitehouse Press Secretary is a Muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitehouse Press Secretary is a Muppet

White House press secretary Sean Spicer met the press for the first time in the briefing room. He walked out, denounced them for refusing to report that inauguration crowds were the biggest ever (and for other failings) then turned on his heel and walked out without taking a question or permitting anyone to challenge him. You need to watch this to believe it. Prepare for a fake-news post-truth alt-right crybaby presidency:

(Go to 1:33:28 if it doesn't start there.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjjVMAdWm4&t=93m28s

I can see this all blowing up in the new right wing movements face. There was a conference in Koblenz yesterday where members of the ENF faction met, including AfD's Frauke Petry, Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders. One of the first things they did was to ban a number of press outlets because they don't believe in free speech (actually their take on it was that they're not in the press often enough so lets ban them at our conference!)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

One news outlet got something right:

(Might possibly be fake, but still true...)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He's a joke isn't he? He introduced that press conference Trump did the other week. I thought at the time he sounded like an uptight homosexual having a hissy fit over summat (like Elton John in that Tantrums and Tiara's documentary from a few years ago). I think he might prove to be good value for money

Comment

Andrew Neil is taking the p*ss out of it now on Daily Politics.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bustgate is being talked about now. This is fecking ridiculous.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

See, we do agree on some things Complete muppet. I think that's going to be a common theme in this administration. Being thin-skinned is not a good attribute when you're in power

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  I did see somebody (I think a NYT journalist) on Twitter say that those photos were taken at different times: the Trump photo on the left was at 11:04, the Obama one on the right at 11:30.

But I'm still not convinced that space could have been filled in twenty-six minutes, and things like number of passengers on the Metro system were down too, so I doubt Trump broke any attendance records

Comment

Kellyanne Elizabeth Conway is an American Republican campaign manager, strategist, pollster, and the current Counselor to President Donald J. Trump.
                    What the **** are 'alternative facts'?

Comment

Working...
                    X