• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just so I get it right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so I get it right

Pro-business Tory Scum are fooking over contractors far and beyond what anti-business New Liebor ever did or ever hoped to achieve?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Pro-business Tory Scum are fooking over contractors far and beyond what anti-business New Liebor ever did or ever hoped to achieve?
    Close. Pro-business Tory Scum are fooking over contractors far and beyond what anti-business New Liebor ever did or but had initially hoped to achieve by the introduction of IR35 in 1999.

It was never really a political thing, it was something the treasury had been trying for years, but Thatcher and Major knocked back. It was only the inexperience of New Liebor that permitted it to be attempted.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

To an extent yes, but there are an awful lot of people in the public sector using limited companies who really, really should be employees. And the abuse is on both sides (departments keeping headcount down by using contractors, and people using limited companies to increase income)...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        To an extent yes, but there are an awful lot of people in the public sector using limited companies who really, really should be employees. And the abuse is on both sides (departments keeping headcount down by using contractors, and people using limited companies to increase income)...
        Gravy train now approaching Taxville Station!
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I did treat my year working in the public sector as one massive tax rebate. There wasn't really enough work, but they didn't want us to go as it was a security cleared role, and it would be a pain to replace us. So I got quite good at the Times crossword.

Comment

Yes. Thus proving Tories are far more effective than Labourites when it comes to achieving policy.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I did treat my year working in the public sector as one massive tax rebate. There wasn't really enough work, but they didn't want us to go as it was a security cleared role, and it would be a pain to replace us. So I got quite good at the Times crossword.
              I wonder if that still goes on [emoji57]
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                I wonder if that still goes on [emoji57]
                Wouldn't surprise me in the least. The trick with the gravy train is to store up the gravy for the day it ends. Or you drown in gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yes. Thus proving Tories are far more effective than Labourites when it comes to achieving policy.

HTH BIDI
                  Tory Scum policies should not be taxing...

Comment

Tory Scum policies should not be taxing...
                    NHS has to be paid for. Population is growing, and many of the new arrivals earn min wage, and yet use the infrastructure and social care provided to the full.

Dig deep my friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X