• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do with wife's buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with wife's buying

Me wife went out on thw weekend to some silly designer "outlet" joint and came back with two really aweful pieces of clothing. neither of which she can return. Ain't it great! when you and the wife are on different style wavelengths. me - appearance of poverty, her - two years out of date no matter the price.

I think I'll end up car-booting the stuff. Anybody interested in a loose long-sleeved cotton top, and a wool beany hat?
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Give it to me. It can join the extensive selection of unworn-still-in-its-wrapping clothing in Mrs Lucifer's wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Give it to me. It can join the extensive selection of unworn-still-in-its-wrapping clothing in Mrs Lucifer's wardrobe.

Shall we start a new business? Second-hand brand new clothes bought by wives? I am sure they won't even remember that they bought such thing, anyway, "what was I thinking at that time" reaction style.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Which can join her already massive pile of unworn and unseen shoes from the past 10 years...just under her massive pile of unworn and unseen jewelry. next to her rotating pile of "to be exchanged or returned" clothes. Some of which was bought strategically just before a sale so as she can ensure the item is her size when she returns it (at full price) and a few hours later re-buys it (at the sale price).

Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I have often thought there must be some kind of market for this and similar services. For me, it's when we're visiting somewhere and we always end up with something from the "gift shop" which is (a) something else for me to carry and (b) never looked at / used ever again and ends up in the basement.

I was thinking that you should be able to send them back somehow, less a small fee of course. £20 for a paperweight, whatever!

Comment

EBay - job done...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Let me guess, just like Mrs Lucifer they are oft heard proclaiming "I have nothing to wear".

Comment

Let me guess, just like Mrs Lucifer they are oft heard proclaiming "I have nothing to wear".
                Yes, no matter that they can fill up to 85% of your wardrobe.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  Yes, no matter that they can fill up to 85% of your wardrobe.
                  She fills up 100% of mine. My pitiful belongings are in a couple of carrier bags in the loft.

Comment

Thankfully I've never heard her say that...only because she pre-buys the clothes and has a good five year ahead supply of clothes. What she does do is complain that she needs more gold jewelry -- which shakes my boots as gold is now enormously expensive.

I've often thought about buying the neighbours house and using it as a giant closet.

Comment

Working...
                    X