• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good stuff for SF fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff for SF fans

As long as you can get BBC 4 anyway.

SCIENCE FICTION BRITANNIA

"This autumn, travel in space and time with BBC Four's science fiction season. We'll be showing a range of documentaries, archive classics and new drama, but we'll also be asking you to take part."
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Good stuff for all nerds you mean

I'm one myself like - just finished watching season 2 of Battlestar Gallactica....it rocks!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Never really got into that one, but I never liked the original either.

Mind you I've not seen a decent hardcore SF series on TV since Babylon 5 ( ignoring the last season, which was awfull ).

I tend to like the quirkier stuff like Ultraviolet ( TV series not the recent film ) and Neverwhere. Not strictly SF I know but still damn good

Comment

Strange, I love sci-fi books, but apart from a couple of exceptions (Early red dwarf and some movies) I hate pretty much any TV sci-fi.

Especially all that Melrose place in space b0llocks like Babylon 5, etc.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          space b0llocks like Babylon 5
          Beats crappy Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
            Strange, I love sci-fi books, but apart from a couple of exceptions (Early red dwarf and some movies) I hate pretty much any TV sci-fi.

Especially all that Melrose place in space b0llocks like Babylon 5, etc.

Nah, your thinking of Star Trek: Voyager there

Comment

Can't say I'm an expert but from the few times I've sat through Babylon 5 trying to see what all the fuss is about, all I ever concluded was that if you swapped the alien make up for some cosmetic surgery, the outlandish clothes for bikinis and moved it from space to some affluent LA suburb then my wife would be tuning into it every week.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Trust me about Battlestar like - its absolutely brilliant. You should all ask Santa for the box sets for Xmas and get snuggled up and watch the lot.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Sounds like you were watching the last season, which was crap.

You missed the huge space battles ( They had more ships fighting at one point than any other SF show or film before it ) planets being blown up etc.

Comment

Last season of Babylon 5 was crap, and I'd say 4th was pretty bad too, 1st is not stellar either but 2nd and 3rd are top - unlike Star Crap there is a coherent line in Babylon 5 so watching just one or two in the middle is not right: I know because I thought it was crap until I watched it from start to (almost end), and it is certainly excellent work with really good actors.

BattleStart Galactica is pretty good too, though I think they don't reach level of B5 in terms of scale.

Comment

Working...
                    X