• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Federer and Nadal (Aussie Open)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federer and Nadal (Aussie Open)

So pleased to see these two doing well, Federer especially. The commentators were confidently saying he would be out and are now awkwardly tipping him as a narrow favourite against Wawrinka. Personally I think that's unlikely but I've sadly not seen any of the play, just heard it on the radio.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Not seen any of Nadal's game but Federer has looked like he's having a bit of a renaissance and that forehand looks as sublime as ever. Would love him to win it - the one thing in his favour is Stan's unpredictable form.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's really interesting to watch Federer's more delicate style as such physical players have begun to appear... Nadal was once the monster physically but looks nothing special compared to players like Murray and Wawrinka, and even Novak is very physical despite being one of the less bulky guys.

I'd expected to see Federer get blown off the court and on occasion he has been, but watching him neutralise a power player is wonderful.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's similar to watching Agassi when Sampras and Goran were pounding big serves and booming forehands across the net. Agassi's return of serve was phenomenal.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

2-2 in sets for Roger and Stan - Roger has just broken in the final set to go 4-2 up. Double fault from Stan gives him the break; crowd sound very much on Roger's side.

Comment

5-2 Roger holds.

Looks like we've got to turn the clock back 10 years with Williams/Williams and Federer/Nadal finals!

Comment

I remember first watching the Fed in the early noughties, he was phenomenal in that he did stuff that appeared physically impossible.

To my mind the greatest all-rounder ever, so far.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

6-3 - Game, Set, Match

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I remember first watching the Fed in the early noughties, he was phenomenal in that he did stuff that appeared physically impossible.

Can't disagree with that - there have been better servers and Agassi was a better returner of serve imho but Federer's got it all at a high level. His shot selection is second-to-none too; whether he plays the shot right is moot but he generally takes on the correct shot at the time, regardless of execution.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

No, that was McEnroe...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    No, that was McEnroe...
                    Federer just beats him because of temperament. Federer has never beaten Federer, but I've seen McEnroe beat McEnroe. I'd have McEnroe down as the best doubles player of all time, though, without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X