• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yes, Yes Yesssssssss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Yes Yesssssssss

How to make Amazon Echo respond to the Star Trek wake word 'Computer' - Pocket-lint

Star Trek fans, hold onto your hats, because the it has finally happened: the Amazon Echo will now let you use Star Trek's wake word "Computer" rather than Alexa.

Made famous by Picard and the crew in Star Trek The Next Generation, you can have your Amazon Echo now respond to the same command - there's even a collection of Star Trek Easter Eggs, which is a lot of fun.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Just use the keyboard....

Comment

For Elite Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        hah that is brilliant.

Comment

Got my son one of these for Christmas. It's really useful if you are blind but he had to switch it off when he was listening to the football on radio 5 -each time alexis Sanchez was mentioned it would pipe up saying 'I don't understand Sanchez gets the ball'
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            Got my son one of these for Christmas. It's really useful if you are blind but he had to switch it off when he was listening to the football on radio 5 -each time alexis Sanchez was mentioned it would pipe up saying 'I don't understand Sanchez gets the ball'
            You can change the wake-up word.. You can even do a Star trek one now.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You can change the wake-up word.. You can even do a Star trek one now.
              there isn't some football player called "Computer"???

Try the top post in thread or below.

Here's how to change your Amazon Echo wake word:

Open the Alexa app on your smartphone
              Open the menu by tapping to icon in the top left-hand corner
              Select settings, then select your Echo device
              Scroll down to "Wake Word" and select
              Use the drop-down menu to select Computer and hit save

Comment

It should be able to hook it up to the fridge so that when the wife opens it, it plays the football chant "who ate all the pies". Then it's a real lifestyle tool.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  It should be able to hook it up to the fridge so that when the wife opens it, it plays the football chant "who ate all the pies". Then it's a real lifestyle tool.
                  MF's team is working on that.

CES 2017: LG fridge is powered by Amazon's Alexa - BBC News

LG has unveiled a fridge powered by Amazon's Alexa.
                  The inclusion of the virtual assistant allows the device to be told to play music and buy goods via voice command.
                  The Smart InstaView also has a 29in (73.7cm) touchscreen that can reveal what is inside and warn if products are near their expiration dates.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Products in MF's fridge which are nearing expiration date? Not a very likely use case, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X