• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU dissent gathers pace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU dissent gathers pace

Czech Interior Minister wants to strike a deal directly with the UK over UK and Czech ex-pats.

Mr Chovanec said a deal was needed in order to quickly end uncertainty surrounding the legal status of UK-based Czechs.
    “We should undertake an independent initiative with Great Britain and not wait for what Europe does,” he said during an interview broadcast on Czech Television. “We don’t know how long the talks would take or if it we would even see [a deal] achieved.

“I hope we will negotiate on our own,” he continued. “We do not know if there will be a final European agreement on this and we must defend the interests of Czech citizens."*

Seems like other countries are getting fed up with the EU Committee, which is in a parallel universe.

And we can have non-trade discussion trade discussions with the EU prior to leaving.

They are like trade discussions but not actually discussions.

Blah, blah, blah...someone said something on TV and the right wing press make a big deal out of it, noted that the links were Telegraph and Express, both anti-Europe papers. Shall I post the relevant Czech news which says something different? Alternative Facts are here and here to stay in a post truth society
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Blah, blah, blah...someone said something on TV and the right wing press make a big deal out of it, noted that the links were Telegraph and Express, both anti-Europe papers. Shall I post the relevant Czech news which says something different? Alternative Facts are here and here to stay in a post truth society
      Blah blah blah someone said something I disagree with so I will debunk it.

Blah

Comment

indeed

EU Dissent brewing

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          This is irrelevant - the EU27 will not agree any deal - we are out on WTO.

Our effort is better spent schmoozing other countries round the world.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Blah blah blah someone said something I disagree with so I will debunk it.

Blah
            Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Alternative Facts....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Alternative Facts....
              No just an opinion. If we agree a deal, great, but I think it is unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Yes they will, but it will need a painful compromise on the freedom of movement by the UK.

I think in the end you will find the UK will basically have less access to the EU with banks and other companies moving operations to the EU, people poorer because of inflation, but with the UK still contributing to the EU budget and allowing the freedom of movement albeit with token controls, eg Switzerland, and yes the agreement will bring May down.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's all very well pointing out its the right wing press, but are you saying those words weren't actually said?

The express is there to counter the independent.
                  Last edited by GB9; 25 January 2017, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Yes they will, but it will need a painful compromise on the freedom of movement by the UK.

I think in the end you will find the UK will basically have less access to the EU with banks and other companies moving operations to the EU, people poorer because of inflation, but with the UK still contributing to the EU budget and allowing the freedom of movement albeit with token controls, eg Switzerland, and yes the agreement will bring May down.

Perhaps. Who knows!

I do agree, if she does accept FOM she is toast.

Comment

Working...
                    X