• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sad B*stard of the week award

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad B*stard of the week award

goes to Ang Chuang Yang of Singapore.

Teen breaks SMS world speed record

"A 16-year-old Singaporean student yesterday broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest SMS when she entered 160 characters in just 41.52 seconds, Reuters reports."
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I just did it in 25 seconds and managed to fit into one message a conclusive proof of Fermat theorem.

threaded

Comment

Also in sad B*stard news ...

Originally posted by BBC
      A woman has won a world record for owning the biggest collection of Mr Men memorabilia in the world.

BBC
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Did the characters actually make sense? 4 chars a second - not bad, although why bother, I can / could do 50wpm - that's about 300 chars a minute, on a qwerty keyboard though.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
          Did the characters actually make sense? 4 chars a second - not bad, although why bother, I can / could do 50wpm - that's about 300 chars a minute, on a qwerty keyboard though.
          Quote from the linked article.

For those of you who fancy giving it a shot, the standard text for all SMS compos is:

"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

He will be burnt out and ready for the dole queue by the time he is 20

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              "A 16-year-old Singaporean student yesterday broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest SMS when she entered 160 characters in just 41.52 seconds, Reuters reports."
              Feck me! He'll be developing a SKA next!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That news report is incorrect. She actually typed, "What do you want to do tonight? You want to go out or stay in? We could maybe watch that film on Sky Box Office? You fancy an Indian or Chinese by the way? I'm definitely going to get those shoes I was telling you about. Not the green ones, the blue ones. I wasn't going to buy them, but Debbie thought they're lovely. Miss you! xx". Her bloke replied, "Ok".

Comment

Working...
                X