• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Registered in Spain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Registered in Spain

Right, I have registered a company in Spain ( an SA), will any of the agencies in the UK permit me to work through this company for any UK based contracts?

If not, why not? The Company is registered in an EU member state after all...

Spod - In "Help please" mode!

1) probably not.

2) Because they will suspect it is a tax avoidance scam and will not what to be liable if it is.

3) The '"freedom of movement" rules applicable to real persons, do not extend to companies.

Tim

Comment

What if I am a Spanish Resident? Complete with Spanish NIE?

Comment

Spod mate!

Oh happy, happy days! I thought Christmas had passed 2 months ago, but some lucky tax adviser is going to get to advise you Spod. Not me of course, but someone will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect. As from next week he will also have to report you to the National Criminal Intelligence Service of the Police if he suspects you are involved in any crime (this includes tax evasion)!

5 star effort my son!

:rollin

Comment

I don't see why not either.

Of course dragging the agencies into the realities of the EU zone, dealing with cross border VAT and paying in Euros might be somewhat difficult.

Comment

Spain

Why not setup an intermediary UK company that takes all the cash from UK contracts & sub-contracts out to a Spanish company to perform the contract,

Comment

Re: Spain

RR, it is my intention to live on Tenerife, if I choose to accept a contract with a company based in the UK, where does the tax evasion come into this?

My company will be liable to taxation to the Spanish Government, just like an Indian based outsourcing company is liable for taxation purposes to India.

What is the difference?

Comment

Hi Spod,
                I currently operate through a Spanish company to a UK agency. I live in Madrid, end client work is for UK project. The company took ages to set up (6 months to get at the bank account, not like the 48 hours to get my UK co. up and running) and the agency is big enough to handle their own forex (they have branches outside the UK) and put the money into the Spanish co. account. No VAT charged/paid, since it is between EU companies.

Although the account manager was initially unsure, a check with their legal dept, and it was full steam ahead and down to me to provide company details. This was a switch from a UK MyCo which I had been using, but they didn't make a fuss. I had considered using the UK co to sub-contract to the Spanish co, as someone else suggested and the Spanish financial advisor said that this would have been OK, too.

Contact me off-board if you want further info, since I don't often look in here.

cheers,
                coralsoft

Comment

No difference Spod, just a wind-up mate. I know you are strictly legit .

Still will be nice money for your tax adviser. Why do you assume your company will pay Spanish and not UK taxes for example? If you can't explain why, you need to see a tax adviser about this.

Comment

Rabbit, I assume that the fact that I will no longer be resident in the UK for Tax Purposes and will in effect be working for a Spanish Company(mine) living in Tenerife and registered with the Tenerife authorities for Tax and National Insurance that I will no longer have any ties to the UK Inland Revenue.

However, you may be correct about me needing to consult with a tax adviser, thanks for the "heads up" though.

Spod - In "560 quid to fix an electrical fault on my bastard range rover" mode!

Comment

Working...
                    X