• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[BTL][Limited Company] Renting your own limited company BTL flat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BTL][Limited Company] Renting your own limited company BTL flat

Hi all,

As a newbie and contractor wannabe I have a [maybe] weird question.

Can I get a buy-to-let flat via my own limited company and rent it to myself considering the fact that I don't have long-term plans to settle in UK?

The basic math is as follows:
    * £300,000 flat in London
    * 30Y
    * 3%
    ================
    £750 in interest / month

My current rent is £1300 so I will be £550 better of.

Have you considered the 24 month rule here?

Didn't check the numbers because that looks so simplistic it can't be of any value.

Might seem like a simple question to ask but the answer is very complex. Some areas you need to go research are...

Buying through the LTD - General consensus this isn't a good idea so you need to research that better
    The figures will all be skewed by tax - You need more detailed figures from end to end.
    You will be living there at weekends so complex area around it being your home - Research that.
    The 24 month rule could screw you so need to understand that. - Understand 24 month rule and how/when it will apply to you.

You need to do a lot more research in to mitigating factors before you can come ask a question and hope to get a useful answer. We can't even begin to guess this one for you.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 27 January 2017, 12:02.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X