• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Discovery leaving Sky?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery leaving Sky?

Have they had a falling out?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ch...o-sky-channels

Never knew Eurosport was a Discovery channel. Since Mythbusters finished, I've barely watched any Discovery channels anyway.

They want to pay less to all their channel providers as they are losing subscribers to the likes of Amazon Prime, Netflix, NowTV (owned by sky), BT etc.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They pay all money to EPL, not a lot left for other channels

Comment

The bigger news is that Sky announced they will offer full services over the ARPAnet next year and even treat well loyal customers

Comment

Fear not, they have made friends.

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

At the weekend they were showing a message saying the channels would be leaving.

I have Plusnet Youview and the main reason I signed up to that when I ditched Sky was to keep Europsport and the Discovery channels. It may not have affected me, but if they hadn't come to an agreement with the biggest pay TV provider they'd have been surely looking at a whole new strategy for the UK. Perhaps using that new-fangled ARPAnet thing.

In a way it's a shame. Surely the concept of "channels" rather than content can't have too much longer to live.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Deal confirmed

Discovery strikes deal to keep channels on Sky - BBC News
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X