• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you divorce a parent ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you divorce a parent ?

It's a Serious question?

I've just met up with the old man and his head is so far up his own ar** that he just can't see that other pople have feelings and opinions.

So can I divorce ,or similar? The main reason is I suspect he will start legal proceedings to have acess to my kids (he may use his public profile to gain advantage). Since he couldn't be bothered to be a father and sees nothing wrong with that, I need to do something to stop him fecking up my kids lives as he did mine.

MG (in really really angry mode)
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

I remember seeing something in the news a couple of years back when somebody did this, so yes you can.

HTH

Comment

blimey !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        It's a Serious question?

I've just met up with the old man and his head is so far up his own ar** that he just can't see that other pople have feelings and opinions.

So can I divorce ,or similar? The main reason is I suspect he will start legal proceedings to have acess to my kids (he may use his public profile to gain advantage). Since he couldn't be bothered to be a father and sees nothing wrong with that, I need to do something to stop him fecking up my kids lives as he did mine.

He doesn't have any legal right to access unless he can prove that he has performed a level of care to that child equal to that of a parent in the past. i.e. you got him to be an effective parent for 2 years whilst you and your other half worked in Oz, therefore effictively making him a guardian

Comment

It's a Serious question?

Grandparents have no rights in law to see their grandchildren. Once you are over 18 you can do what you want - youir parents have no effect.

You have nothing to worry about - but I would like to see be careful. Your children may see things differently. You really should let them make up their own mind.But you will go ahead and ignore me anyway...

Comment

It's a Serious question?

Oh god - you poor thing

I dont think grandparents have a legal right to see their grandkids do they? There has definately been many cases of divorcing parents in America, but I'm sure its with the under 18's.

I really dont think he's got any power to demand to see your kids.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

feck me,

is that true...

'you got him to be an effective parent for 2 years whilst you and your other half worked in Oz, therefore effictively making him a guardian',

you and your Mrs went to Oz for two years and left the kids with your Dad ?

blimey !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                Grandparents have no rights in law to see their grandchildren. Once you are over 18 you can do what you want - youir parents have no effect.
                I'm sure I have heard of granparents taking parents to court so that they can have access to thier grandchildren. Are you sure about this??

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  I'm sure I have heard of granparents taking parents to court so that they can have access to thier grandchildren. Are you sure about this??

They've done it in special circumstances where their sun/daughter has died, and the remaining parent doesn't want them to be involved.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

It's a Serious question?

Sounds like my father. He's an NHS support guy and likes to poke around in our medical records!

Yes you can divorce. Don't forget that his public profile (as you quote) can also be damaged as well as used to his advantage

Having an arsehole parent myself, I wish you the best of luck. Give him what he deserves.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X