• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump is a disaster for Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump is a disaster for Brexit

Interesting read, but only stating the obvious. As many have been saying on here, the US rhetoric on a trade deal with the US is just that: words.
    It was telling that when Trump met May, and she was rabbiting on about the special relationship, he turned around, looked her in the eye and said "We're putting America first". Any trade deal with the US will not be on good terms for us, that's for sure.

I was becoming sanguine about Brexit, but now I'm beginning to think that caught between our 2 largest trading partners, it will be a complete disaster. You have 2-3 years to put your affairs in order.

https://www.ft.com/content/fde7616a-...b-c88452263daf
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Interesting read, but only stating the obvious. As many have been saying on here, the US rhetoric on a trade deal with the US is just that: words.
    It was telling that when Trump met May, and she was rabbiting on about the special relationship, he turned around, looked her in the eye and said "We're putting America first". Any trade deal with the US will not be on good terms for us, that's for sure.

I was becoming sanguine about Brexit, but now I'm beginning to think that caught between our 2 largest trading partners, it will be a complete disaster. You have 2-3 years to put your affairs in order.

https://www.ft.com/content/fde7616a-...b-c88452263daf
    As long as you let him grab your pussy, it will be fine.

Comment

Well it's a pity that even if Brexit was the right idea, the timing has proved all wrong.
      Taking the charitable view and assuming that Brexit is Britain looking outwards to the world at large, it has come at exactly the time when the largest economy in the world is retreating into protectionism and isolation, most probably leading to a tit for tat trade war between the major economic regions.
      Brexit Britain will merely be caught in the crossfire.
      Anyone who thinks that Britian will thrive in that sort of environment needs their head examined.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

That's just what I was thinking, gave the EU the push, tried to get off with the USA only to find she doesn't really fancy us anymore leaving us as property-stricken spinsters with our one-bar collective electric fire in our £10k flats that were once worth £500k before the debt rug disappeared as Sterling achieved parity with the Matabeleland Gumbo-bean....

Comment

Well it's a pity that even if Brexit was the right idea, the timing has proved all wrong.
          Taking the charitable view and assuming that Brexit is Britain looking outwards to the world at large, it has come at exactly the time when the largest economy in the world is retreating into protectionism and isolation, most probably leading to a tit for tat trade war between the major economic regions.
          Anyone who thinks that Britian will thrive in that sort of environment needs their head examined.
          Silence, race traitor!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            That's just what I was thinking, gave the EU the push, tried to get off with the USA only to find she wants to take us up the Oxo Tower, leaving us as property-stricken spinsters with our one-bar collective electric fire in our £10k flats that were once worth £500k before the debt rug disappeared as Sterling achieved parity with the Matabeleland Gumbo-bean....
            FTFY
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The US-Australian trade deal, negotiated by the Bush administration was a poor deal which has led to less trade between the two countries due to Bush being a tough negotiator and Trump now wants to tear it up and make an even worse one.

Go figure where this is going for the UK.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

absolutely US banks already on the one hand planning to withdraw activities back to the US whilst building up their European operation.

We can guess what this will do to London as a financial centre.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Flip me, the whingers are out in force this morning.

Like the chorus from some Greek tragedy!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Trump's trade adviser accusing Germany of currency manipulation . Looks like Trump wants a trade war with everyone apart from the UK.

https://www.ft.com/content/57f104d2-...c-082c54a7f539

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X