• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retrain for the medical profession?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrain for the medical profession?

Doctor Who: Who could replace Peter Capaldi? - BBC News

Anyone up for it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Comment

Who was your favourite out of Eccleston, Tennant, Smith and Capaldi?

Really wouldn't want another older one. Ayoade is hilarious, but has he got the serious side for this sort of role? I like the idea of Ben Wishaw but not seen him in anything but the Bond movies. Colin Morgan was good in Merlin, certainly a reasonable possibility. Got to be a bloke, either that or a girl who's prepared to flirt with Alex Kingston.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Really wouldn't want another older one. Ayoade is hilarious, but has he got the serious side for this sort of role? I like the idea of Ben Wishaw but not seen him in anything but the Bond movies. Colin Morgan was good in Merlin, certainly a reasonable possibility. Got to be a bloke, either that or a girl who's prepared to flirt with Alex Kingston.
        Matt Smith was my favourite. I thought the energy and humour he brought to the role was brilliant. PC not as good, but still watchable (apart from the recent Christmas "Special", rubbish).

Colin Morgan for me. Enjoyed him in Merlin and Humans (lighter side in Merlin, serious side in Humans).

River Song is gone. Her story went full circle, so I think technically she's dead. Though that doesn't seem to stop the writers reintroducing a character later on. Maybe she'll be the next doctor....

Comment

I really want to like Dr Who but it's like the Eurovision, I watch it but take the piss. It just needs to be a bit darker and better written.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            I think they've all been pretty good although it's been so long since I saw Eccleston I don't remember him too much. I'm a fan of Tennant anyway so am biased but thought he brought out a good mix of serious and silly, Smith was great fun and played the part he wanted to play well but I was happy to see a change. I was excited to see an older, serious actor but haven't been impressed by Capaldi although the writing and the story lines play a big part so it might just be that.

I'm surprised Benedict doesn't get a mention, he's flavour of the month right now and actually if he wasn't so well-known I reckon could've been good.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I really want to like Dr Who but it's like the Eurovision, I watch it but take the piss. It just needs to be a bit darker and better written.
              I'm with you on that one. I only watch it because although I know it's terrible, it's a sort of "must-watch" terrible. Eurovision is the perfect analogy. Perhaps Graham Norton should be the next Doctor...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I just want to point out that the Doctor actually studied at the Pyrdonian Academy, which does not, as far as I'm aware, have a medical faculty.

He probably is an expert in complex temporal induction problems.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I actually remember William Hartnell! Just, but I did see him!!

Growing up I liked the next one, Patrick Troughton, but overall the one that lives with me most was John Pertwee, though in hindsight I can see he was a pretty rubbish one really, stuck on Earth, that stupid old car, bit camp....

Nostalgia....

Don't like any of the new ones.

Of course, there was the two Peter Cushing films, where he wasn't even a Time Lord, just an old dude...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    I actually remember William Hartnell! Just, but I did see him!!

Growing up I liked the next one, Patrick Troughton, but overall the one that lives with me most was John Pertwee, though in hindsight I can see he was a pretty rubbish one really, stuck on Earth, that stupid old car, bit camp....

Nostalgia....

Don't like any of the new ones.

Of course, there was the two Peter Cushing films, where he wasn't even a Time Lord, just an old dude...
                    That was Star Wars and he was CGI in one of those. HTHBIDI
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X