• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peace, love and slippers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace, love and slippers

Have you ever worked in an office wearing slippers? This school has found it makes children more relaxed linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Have you ever worked in an office wearing slippers? This school has found it makes children more relaxed linky
    Lots of people in Germany seem to, either that or Birkenstocks :smelly feet emoji
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My personal choice is pair of these

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's a UK thing to wear indoor shoes outside. When I've been to colder countries and hotter countries you tend to take your outdoor shoes off in places where you are staying for a few hours including other people's homes.

Comment

It's a UK thing to wear indoor shoes outside. When I've been to colder countries and hotter countries you tend to take your outdoor shoes off in places where you are staying for a few hours including other people's homes.
          My feet wiff a bit so no thank you. Probably explains why I work from home.

Comment

A office in Norway that I used to work used yoga balls instead of chairs. That was fun. You stopped concentrating on sitting up straight and you were a goner.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So they should, That really winds me up, I wouldn't dream of going to someone house and not taking my shoes off, once had to tell an estate agent he wasn't selling my house because he never took his shoes off, bloody carpets and wood floor cost a fortune.

Once worked in an office were one of the old timers used to walk around in shorts a vest and socks, not a good look !!!!

Comment

We used to go to sleep in the afternoon at primary school.

Can anyone else remember that or was it just some weird social experiment?

I can't remember for how long and up until what age but after lunch we would get back to the classroom and camp beds were put up.

Don't remember ever getting any sleep. Probably just as well with all the wandering hands around in those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

I can't remember for how long and up until what age but after lunch we would get back to the classroom and camp beds were put up.

Don't remember ever getting any sleep. Probably just as well with all the wandering hands around in those days.
                  I faintly remember something like that. I remember in junior school they used to give you Friday afternoon to do anything you want (in the classroom) - must have been a labour government in.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

We didn't sleep.

In my case I did half days for one and a half terms then was made to do a full day in the summer term when I was moved into a class of slightly older kids. I was upset to lose my teacher and didn't like any of the other teachers I had until I was in junior school. Talking to some of my friends' who were in her class and I was moved out to to make room for them as well they didn't like any of the other teachers apart from her either.

Comment

Working...
                    X