• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this the Third World?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the Third World?

Just had an offer on a house turned down because the vendor wants cash buyers only for a quick sale because West Dorset Council now have a backlog of 17 weeks (!!!) to process searches.

And they have a policy of not dealing with private agents so you either go through them or get a search indemnity policy. Which most lenders won't accept.

Home sales collapse as searches take ten weeks (and more) to come ...

'Unacceptable': Lengthy Wait For Property Searches ... - Wessex FM

Estate agent Mark Parker blasts West Dorset District Council over

I bet they're all out protesting Trump/Brexit etc.

Funny how their glossy newsletter trumpeting their commitment to diversity always seems to go out on time.

F*****g w*****s

Red hot housing market. I blame Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Just had an offer on a house turned down because the vendor wants cash buyers only for a quick sale because West Dorset Council now have a backlog of 17 weeks (!!!) to process searches.
      As in no chain, or as in no mortgages?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        As in no chain, or as in no mortgages?
        Cash buyers - no mortgages. Mortgages are dependent on searches - buying houses in north Manchester typically involves having to pay for a mining search due to Agecroft colliery for example to prove to the lender that the property isn't at risk from an old tunnel collapsing.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Cash buyers - no mortgages. Mortgages are dependent on searches - buying houses in north Manchester typically involves having to pay for a mining search due to Agecroft colliery for example to prove to the lender that the property isn't at risk from an old tunnel collapsing.
          So really it is cash buyers who don't mind their house falling down a mine shaft only.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            So really it is cash buyers who don't mind their house falling down a mine shaft only.
            Really, it's cash buyers who want to move to Dorset urgently (yeah, I know, wtf?) who haven't thought about doing these searches probably. Just hope they're not buying a house within 200 yards of the cliffs....
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yes. 17 weeks, though, is beyond the pale.

I was talking to someone who wrote to the land charges officer to complain & he got some tersely worded reply reprimanding him for causing yet further delays by forcing him to have to draft a reply.

Comment

Yes. 17 weeks, though, is beyond the pale.

I was talking to someone who wrote to the land charges officer to complain & he got some tersely worded reply reprimanding him for causing yet further delays by forcing him to have to draft a reply.
                What's your budget and what are you after?

Comment

Really, it's cash buyers who want to move to Dorset urgently (yeah, I know, wtf?) who haven't thought about doing these searches probably. Just hope they're not buying a house within 200 yards of the cliffs....
                  I'd just love to see Billy Bragg's clifftop pile slide into the sea.

Preferably with him in it....

Comment

I'd just love to see Billy Bragg's clifftop pile slide into the sea.

Preferably with him in it....
                    Is that the singer or a Dorset council official of the same name?

Comment

Working...
                    X