• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench Time is Over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench Time is Over

Been seven months since my last gig and although I enjoyed the first few months, once it got cold I wanted to get back in.

For those struggling, my advice is to persevere and stay positive.

Excellent news!

So which Public Sector contract did you accept in the end?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MuffinBomb View Post
        Been seven months since my last gig and although I enjoyed the first few months, once it got cold I wanted to get back in.

For those struggling, my advice is to persevere and stay positive.

Well done and great advice

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Excellent news!

So which Public Sector contract did you accept in the end?
          Cheers, thankfully it's with a City insurance company; a change for me from banks.

Comment

Comment

Congratulations, did you change your approach or just wait until your number came up? I've been on the bench for 3 days and I'm already starting to panic, maybe NCOTBAC

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                Congratulations, did you change your approach or just wait until your number came up? I've been on the bench for 3 days and I'm already starting to panic, maybe NCOTBAC
                You panic, when you drunkenly stumble back to the cashpoint, with Colombia's finest all over your chin, to pay for another couple of ho's, only to realise, the overdraft is not the only thing blown that afternoon.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MuffinBomb View Post
                    Cheers, thankfully it's with a City insurance company; a change for me from banks.
                    That seems like a lucky break - usually INS will only accept people with an INS background.

Seven months was a long stretch. Hope there is not a next time but if there is try to make more of it.

All the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X