• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hey CUKKERs - Can you please help out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey CUKKERs - Can you please help out?

There was a story yesterday in the DM.

Yateley family raise £225,000 to help son with cancer | Daily Mail Online

This is actually a friend of ours. Having raised a huge amount of money around Hampshire with lots of help, they've arrived in Phoenix to find because of the currency changes plus after initial scans Freddie will need more treatment than originally thought.

There's no guarantee that the treatment will work but everyone is praying it will & time is of the essence now.

Would appreciate any help the forum can give.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=qNVwVWA7m

Thanks

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

See thread here. YourCo can get CT relief on donations to causes like this.

How much is their house worth? Reporting standards are slipping.
    Last edited by teapot418; 5 February 2017, 22:23.

Comment

Done.... hope he pulls through.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 5 February 2017, 21:30.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It says in the article that it's a benign brain tumour. I was unsure why this would require chemo/radiation therapy. The answer is here: Benign brain tumour - Treatment - NHS Choices
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Here's a further update today from BBC South Today.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCSouthTod...4858095938111/

For those who dropped me a line asking me to email our friends to get them to update their Crowdfunding page to answer a load of questions as they thought there was something a little dodgy about it & they wanted more them to answer their questions, sorry no, not doing that. Poor show, have more faith.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            For those who dropped me a line asking me to email our friends to get them to update their Crowdfunding page to answer a load of questions as they thought there was something a little dodgy about it & they wanted more them to answer their questions, sorry no, not doing that. Poor show, have more faith.
            I made the suggestion privately specifically so as not to undermine the family's fundraising efforts.

I don't for one minute believe there's anything 'dodgy', and I have a huge amount of sympathy for the family; but IMO they would have more fundraising success if they made the case to the head as well as the heart - i.e. a clear explanation of what is wrong with the child, why they believe the treatment will help and why the NHS won't fund treatment. Clearly other opinions are available.

I genuinely wish them all the best, and hope the little boy gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I made the suggestion privately specifically so as not to undermine the family's fundraising efforts.

I don't for one minute believe there's anything 'dodgy', and I have a huge amount of sympathy for the family; but IMO they would have more fundraising success if they made the case to the head as well as the heart - i.e. a clear explanation of what is wrong with the child, why they believe the treatment will help and why the NHS won't fund treatment. Clearly other opinions are available.

I genuinely wish them all the best, and hope the little boy gets better.
              MS usually knows what she is talking about. They all seem reasonable questions.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                MS usually knows what she is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  They all seem reasonable questions.
                  ^^ This
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    right that's it never being nice to you again !

Hey is that Santa hat on your Avatar early or late?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X