• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

****** Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****** Microsoft

Just installed IE7 and it decided that I wanted two language choices: Welsh using a UK keyboard or English using a US keyboard (but the keyboard selection is not obvious).

Obviously, I didn't want Welsh so when I did the necessary reboot I couldn't log back on again as my password contains a character the is in a different place on UK keyboard.

I've now got the system back to a UK keyboard for after I log on, but the damn thing still insists that I have a US keyboard before I log on.

What a of pile of kack.

(Though suprisingly, it kept all my options from inside IE and didn't turn back on all the annoying features, like search from address bar that I had turned off)

tim

Just installed Firefox 2.0 Runs like a dream.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

There is an interesting condition in WinXP which is when you delete keyboard layout, it will somehow get recreated automatically later for no reason - does not happen always, but I had it once, very annoying.

Another reason to switch to Firefox and not use IE.

Comment

Assuming you dont want to change to firefox, does the panel recommend NOT upgrading to IE7.0 for now?

Comment

Don't know much about IE7 but definitely a Firefox fan ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
            Assuming you dont want to change to firefox, does the panel recommend NOT upgrading to IE7.0 for now?

On the basis that if it aint broke dont fix it and assuming you have no pressing business need to do it, I wouldnt touch it with the proverbial pole for at least 12 months.

Let some other suckers, I mean cutting edge early adopters, take all the risks and find the bugs for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
              Just installed IE7 and it decided that I wanted two language choices: Welsh using a UK keyboard or English using a US keyboard (but the keyboard selection is not obvious).

tim
              Welsh? Oh FFS!

Comment

Sounds like Zeitghosts little "chat" with Bill did the trick

Comment

I have it installed and have not noticed any problems with it here. I do use firefox 2.0 for most things however, for the occasional site that doesn't want to work in firefox i look at it in IE (e.g. microsoft update, etc).

One nice thing it does do is support transparent PNG's. About bloody time too !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    There is an interesting condition in WinXP which is when you delete keyboard layout, it will somehow get recreated automatically later for no reason - does not happen always, but I had it once, very annoying.

Another reason to switch to Firefox and not use IE.
                    What has this got to do with IE, its an XP problem? Happened to loads of times, even without Firefox.

I've installed IE7 (and was running the beta) and never got asked anything about keyboards, languages, etc. and I had a mixture of German and US english hardware and software.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X