• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefits of Spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefits of Spam

I think if i Go with <spam> then it should save our environment and Save paper wastage and also <spam> Lost and Damage chances nil and more. Could you suggest me more Major benefits of <spam>

I am 100% sure all of us bar one use Freeagent, which appears to do this for you so no need.

I say appears, a few of the sites I've just looked at have so little information I wouldn't touch them. Looks like you are just being charged (I am guessing) to do something any decent accountant/bookkeeping portal offers.

And saving the environment/paper wastage is a long way off the top of my list when running my company properly. I have absolutely no idea what lost/damage even means.

I can't see a single reason I can give you for going down this route for your average contractor.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 7 February 2017, 18:06.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agree with northernladuk

There is no need to pay a fee to be provided with electronic payslips.

If you have an accountant, they should be able to do this for you and if you don't then most software options should provide this functionality for you.

Comment

The biggest drawback of the company is they are crap at marketing and register users with email addresses linked to their company.

Spam hammer in 5..4..3..2..1..
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Was it the .co.uk people or the my .com lot?

The website looks incredibly similar to a lot of the scheme ones that have been discussed recently. The layout, logo, number at top right, lack of company details, the contact form.. Is this the way one of the WordPress or similar products produce them?
          Last edited by northernladuk; 7 February 2017, 14:11.

Comment

After a bottle of wine, it takes longer to ban spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              After a bottle of wine, it takes longer to ban spammers.
              It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon (wo)man!!!

Comment

Benefits of Using ePayslips

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon (wo)man!!!
                It's 11.20pm, I had lunch today, but no solids since.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I think it's safe to say a majority of us use Freeagent
                  I think it's incredibly unsafe to say that the majority of us use Freeagent. Just because you plug it at every opportunity doesn't mean that more than 10352 CUK users drink the same Koolaid as you do.
                  First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
                    I think it's incredibly unsafe to say that the majority of us use Freeagent. Just because you plug it at every opportunity doesn't mean that more than 10352 CUK users drink the same Koolaid as you do.
                    I think something, you think something. We appear to have come to an impasse no?

I may have over egged it slightly but it is based on the fact every time someone is looking for a new or different accountant plenty of people jump on recommending FreeAgent. Hell, someone even started a thread saying how good it was and it wasn't me. I don't plug it, I recommend it as a user to whoever is asking or where it is pertinent, as again do many others.

To date, from memory the posters come on asking for help because their accountants have messed up weren't on FA. I haven't seen one yet that was.

Feel free to post a little more and add your input to balance things out if you wish.

Comment

Working...
                    X