• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Zeity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for Zeity

Faking TV Remote Control with Paper and a Lighter | Hackaday

Cut slots into a piece of paper to represent the IR remote control bitstream for putting your TV into standby. Insert it between your TV’s IR receiver and the flame from a lighter, and pull the slots along to generate the coded pattern. Get it just right and you have a paper and lighter remote control. That’s just what [ViralVideoLab] did and you can see it in action in the video below.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Old methods often work better. Got a remote switch to turn light on in my shed, was crap. A length of bell wire and relay worked better but a bit of string tied to a switch would have been good too.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Do you think I should fine tune the method a little next time?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just don't ask Josh to help

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Nah, Zeity's more high tech than that. This is more his style....

Comment

Working...
          X