• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today is the day that separates the contractors from the permies (in my office)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day that separates the contractors from the permies (in my office)

Almost everyone has the flu
    Permies: all taking sick leave
    Contractors: all at work

we have about a 50/50 contractor/permie rate in my office

You would be daft not to take paid sick leave if you are a perm. It's one of the benefits.

Honestly though if I'm sick I take the time off unpaid, rather have 5 days unpaid than two weeks feeling like crap just for bit of money.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      You would be daft not to take paid sick leave if you are a perm. It's one of the benefits.

Honestly though if I'm sick I take the time off unpaid, rather have 5 days unpaid than two weeks feeling like crap just for bit of money.
      As a contractor I would just work at home.

It's incredibly selfish of any person to go into the office to spread their viruses.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

It's incredibly selfish of any person to go into the office to spread their viruses.
        +1 and I quite often do if someone else has a stinker in the office.

Funnily enough, haven't had a cold related sniff all year
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If everyone already has it there's no benefit to that.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It's too late anyway the virus spreads well before symptoms get bad enough to pull a sicky.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Almost everyone has the flu
              Permies: all taking sick leave
              Contractors: all at work

we have about a 50/50 contractor/permie rate in my office
              All sensible contractors get flue vacations.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                It's too late anyway the virus spreads well before symptoms get bad enough to pull a sicky.
                Which might be true but that fact won't stop your client and it's staff being pissed off with you.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you mean by flu, flu then the client won't have a clue that you have it, because the symptoms of flu are that you feel totally sh*te, but if you don't tell anyone you feel sh*te they won't know.

If you mean by flu a cold, that's not a reason to stay off work. You can sneeze and cough all over your clients with a "clean conscience".
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    +1 and I quite often do if someone else has a stinker in the office.

Funnily enough, haven't had a cold related sniff all year
                    almost 6 weeks and counting bravo

Comment

Working...
                    X