• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit update

I have been bit busy... does this mean that existing EU employees in the UK may not be auto granted work-permits for their existing job in the UK ? Or is not decided yet ....

Brexit bill: Full list of MPs who voted against guaranteeing EU citizens’ rights before triggering Article 50 | The Independent

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
    I have been bit busy... does this mean that existing EU employees in the UK may not be auto granted work-permits for their existing job in the UK ? Or is not decided yet ....

Brexit bill: Full list of MPs who voted against guaranteeing EU citizens’ rights before triggering Article 50 | The Independent
    It means nothing for at least 2 years, maybe more.

Carry on as you were.

Comment

You might get told to '**** off back home' more often though
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        You might get told to '**** off back home' more often though
        Same as being English in Ireland, Scotland or Wales then...

Comment

hate it when you feel up in the air. wish it were over asap for better or worse. at least i would have known what to do and might start searching for new opportunities

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSon55 View Post
            hate it when you feel up in the air. wish it were over asap for better or worse. at least i would have known what to do and might start searching for new opportunities
            Likewise. Although we're fairly certain we'll get our German passports in time... which I need if I'm to compete with other EU nationals working throughout the EU.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSon55 View Post
              Have you contacted your government and asked why the EU won't reciprocate the offer the UK government has made?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                Have you contacted your government and asked why the EU won't reciprocate the offer the UK government has made?
                It's almost like the Daily Wail has a cUK branch office.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Same as being English in Ireland, Scotland or Wales then...
                  That's just you.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    It's almost like the Daily Wail has a cUK branch office.
                    Can you provide anything constructive?

Comment

Working...
                    X