• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happens when the snowflake generation win the Lottery?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when the snowflake generation win the Lottery?

Britain's youngest EuroMillions winner says life is ruined | Daily Mail Online

Remnant mentality.

She'd feel poor in minutes if she moved to London.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Love the fact that she got herself a new pair of Bristols and loves holidays in Magaluf. Proof that money can buy you almost anything except class...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The money is ruining her life, "However, she did admit she has never considered getting rid of the money to relieve herself of the burden. "

I suppose trying to sue Camelot will be a fairly efficient way of relieving her of her money and sending it to those poor destitute solicitors.

(I heard today that a French man is suing Uber because he used his wife's phone to arrange an Uber ride to go to his Mistress, which led to his wife finding out he was having an affair...)
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Aren't winners supposed to be give financial advice?

A million might not seem like much these days but if she's stuck half of it in a pension pot, bought a car, a house and left £50k for a nice holiday and some luxuries she'd have been set for life.

Comment

What a tragedy. I mean the "stress" of winning a £1M must really sap your will to go on.

Maybe she could swap places with someone working on a zero hours contract for some ruthless fooker like Mike Ashley, living in a grotty houseshare, and trying to raise a disabled kid? Just to get some perspective of course.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              What a tragedy. I mean the "stress" of winning a £1M must really sap your will to go on.

Maybe she could swap places with someone working on a zero hours contract for some ruthless fooker like Mike Ashley, living in a grotty houseshare, and trying to raise a disabled kid? Just to get some perspective of course.

Why would she want your life???
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Why would she want your life???
                Because of my "stress-relief" expertise.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So she takes legal action. Wins more money. Is even unhappier. Who will she sue then?

There are many good charities crying out for the money.

I can't believe a veritable organ of truth(even more reliable than wikipedia) has reported this story. At this rate, soon I won't be able to trust the sun either.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Because of my "stress-relief" expertise.

you think you are more experienced at winking than MF ??

that is quite confident! Though some other posters might be able to beat him.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X