• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More

Self-employment 'reduces tax take' as firms avoid responsibilities - BBC News

All the examples they use on these things never sound like what I do, but are they just picking standouts to catch us all?

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
    Self-employment 'reduces tax take' as firms avoid responsibilities - BBC News

All the examples they use on these things never sound like what I do, but are they just picking standouts to catch us all?
    Nope, as I've stated for years - we are just caught in the crossfire...

You always have to remember we are expensive skilled resources used to coming in doing something and then moving on to the next job. For our skillsets neither us nor our end clients want us on a permanent basis we are there 6-12 months write, install, configure their new system and on to the next job.

The problem is that because we are usually individuals recruited via agencies (for the convenience of everyone involved) we end up looking little different than a self employed cleaner (unless you look at the pay packet).
    Last edited by eek; 14 February 2017, 07:34.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You always have to remember we are expensive skilled resources used to coming in doing something and then moving on to the next job. For our skillsets neither us nor our end clients want us on a permanent basis we are there 6-12 months write, install, configure their new system and on to the next job.

The problem is that because we are usually individuals recruited via agencies (for the convenience of everyone involved) we end up looking little different than a self employed cleaner (unless you look at the pay packet).
      It doesn't help that BAU monkeys like PC abuse the tax system.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Which is why I call myself a Consultant Engineer.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          It doesn't help that BAU monkeys like PC abuse the tax system.
          How do I abuse the tax system?

NLUK - I really dont know why you carry on like this? Its plainly obvious we don't see eye to eye. You don't like me, and vice versa. As I've said before, I'm never going to change what I do, how I behave, or my opinions just because you dont like it. Tough luck there.

So I really fail to see why you and your sidekicks have to continue with this bullying. Is your life really that empty that you've got to big yourself up by abusing people on an internet forum? Go and kick the cat or something instead for a change....
          Last edited by psychocandy; 14 February 2017, 09:00.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            How do I abuse the tax system?

Im sorry I forgot Im not as important as you....
            You pretend to be outside of IR35 when you are inside. See various previous threads.

Or Google appears to be our friend: http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid...+what+it+is%22
            Last edited by northernladyuk; 14 February 2017, 09:03.

Comment

You pretend to be outside of IR35 when you are inside. See various previous threads.

Or Google appears to be our friend: Google
              In your opinion - BUT SO F@CKING WHAT????

Its none of your business !
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

It is our business if low level BAU techies are abusing the tax system and higher level consultants are caught in the cross fire.

And that isn't a dig at you.. its a statement of reality. Personally I would love a system that said less than 3-4x minimum wage definitely inside....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Or Google appears to be our friend: Google
                  And PC is the one and only contractor to have ever done this?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You make it our business by discussing your situation endlessly and look to us to make your decisions for you.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X