• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GMP IT job - Obviously not a contract position

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMP IT job - Obviously not a contract position

Police job candidate arrested for drinking and driving - BBC News

Clearly a contractor would have been driven there by his chauffeur

Originally posted by centurian View Post

FFS. You claim you had a good glug of whisky after getting out of the car and before the interview to calm your nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

No doubt, assuming it's at the Bury HQ, they'll appear in the Bury Times in due course, who do a delightful article each week on which local pondlife has appeared in court and why.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        FFS. You claim you had a good glug of whisky after getting out of the car and before the interview to calm your nerves.
        But then you would have to say you are getting a taxi home and make sure you called one as they would be watching.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          But then you would have to say you are getting a taxi home and make sure you called one as they would be watching.
          Get them to breathalyze you again after the interview.

Comment

He obviously applied to the wrong police force....

Comment

Doesn't say if he got the gig though.

Comment

I had an interview at GMP in Manchester donkeys years ago. I had to fill in a form that asked about any criminal records. The copper said you'd be surprised how many people come for an interview and end up being nicked. I didn't get the job...or nicked
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  I had an interview at GMP in Manchester donkeys years ago. I had to fill in a form that asked about any criminal records. The copper said you'd be surprised how many people come for an interview and end up being nicked. I didn't get the job...or nicked
                  In other words people are stupid.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"Shortly after he arrived in the small office, the smell of alcohol became overpowering."
                    His hour-long interview took place on 25 January at a training centre in Prestwich,
                    Why the hell did they continue interviewing that knob for a management position if he turned up drunk to the interview...

Comment

Working...
                    X