• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things looking bad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things looking bad.

I saw a fire-engine on our street lights flashing and thought little of it but went to have a quick look - to discover it's actually 2 engines, 3 police cars, at least one unmarked car and an ambulance. All with lights flashing but nobody doing much. The house is cordoned off and their next-door neighbour has been advised not to look out of her back window (which overlooks their back yard). No sign of any actual fire.

They also seem to have some huge clipboard set up like you'd use for a flipboard presentation.

The huge number of people and the lack of much going on... are we thinking the same thing? I don't want to go and ask.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    the lack of much going on... are we thinking the same thing?
    Sasguru?

Comment

I suppose living next door to you was probably too much.

seriously poor sods sounds bad.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I suppose living next door to you was probably too much.
        It's a few doors down but in a twist, it's the house we used to live in.

Think it's a student house now.

It's the fire engines that confuse me... unless in case of something serious they get literally anyone to come and set up a perimeter?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's a few doors down but in a twist, it's the house we used to live in.

Think it's a student house now.

It's the fire engines that confuse me... unless in case of something serious they get literally anyone to come and set up a perimeter?
          AIUI they are the experts at getting bodies out/down safely and making things safe.

So if they are strung up high or under rubble they call the Fire service.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The huge number of people and the lack of much going on... are we thinking the same thing? I don't want to go and ask.
            Student house - suicide, murder(manslaughter), landlord not doing the boiler properly, meter fiddling.....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X