• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking me to sign Agreement for Work Finding Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency asking me to sign Agreement for Work Finding Services

Was emailed this form by an (well known?) Agency, a bit surprised at how this agency do business. Called me about a gig and and said they wanted to put me forward for a gig, but would not tell me who the client is. Then they asked me for a reference. I said I can give a reference at a later stage. I was promised that someone would email me more info, but next email I had was from their legal compliance department asking me to sign their "Agreement for Work Finding Services". Except it is more that just "Work Finding" services it seems to be "you will agree to the following clauses when you get a real contract from us", including supposed agreement that I will be paid as an employee of my Ltd Co and that I will be under supervision, direction and control of the Client, plus the normal attempt as 12 months restrictions for working direct, finally a few clauses tagged at the end about opting out. I ignored it then 2 days later got a reminder from their compliance department chasing me to return the signed form.

I have no intention of agreeing to those terms and no intention to opt out, I replied by email that I was not comfortable with the terms, so I am expecting them not to contact me for any roles. I have dealt with agencies in the past but never been asked to sign anything like this before a CV is submitted, perhaps a question on the opt-out about 5 years ago but not been asked even that recently.

Maybe I am shooting myself in the foot, but I don't understand how other Ltd Co contractors are doing business with this Agency. Has anyone here actually signed this thing?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Nope.

I've received something like that in the past and have deleted the email.

They can make you sign an opt out but making you agree to other terms before you know what the work is, is not on.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'd tell them to Foxtrot Oscar. Politely, but firmly of course.

I'd also not consent to my CV being sent to clients that I didn't know.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
      X