• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk to take back billions from the eu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk to take back billions from the eu

We're taking our assets home with us.

Time for the EU to pay up.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Britain will attempt to offset Brexit cost with €150 billion worth of European Union assets
    However, as the EU's second largest net contributor, the Government hopes to secure at least a £17bn share of assets.
    I'm disappointed in the Telegraph's sub-editors. It's normally a pretty good paper (and I do have a soft spot for AEP).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I'm disappointed in the Telegraph's sub-editors. It's normally a pretty good paper (and I do have a soft spot for AEP).
      Really - a man wrong more often than a stopped clock
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Really - a man wrong more often than a stopped clock
        There is more to life than being right, you soul-less heathen. Sometimes the world needs a gentleman in his evening laudanum wear, musing on the implications of the Baltic Dry Index within the historical context of the nadir of the silver content of the Aurelianus in the reign of Claudius Gothicus.

Comment

As in any divorce the assets will be divided. The UK should continue to pay the EU maintenance for life. For kids sake.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            As in any divorce the assets will be divided. The UK should continue to pay the EU maintenance for life. For kids sake.
            But we won't.

We'll pay what we have committed to until we leave and no doubt something towards pensions etc but that will be it.

Comment

But we won't.

We'll pay what we have committed to until we leave and no doubt something towards pensions etc but that will be it.
              Well don't expect to see the kids again.

Mark my words, you will pay one way or another.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mark my words, you will pay one way or another.
                hey if by kids you mean you, then we thought we would have to pay not to see you.

nice to see you being up front about the EU's unreasonable behaviour.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mark my words, we will pay one way or another.
                  FTFY - or are you not including yourself as one of us any more?

Comment

Nah - he means GB9 will personally pay for it all. Jolly decent of him too.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X