• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay VAT and Corp tax bills with AMEX

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay VAT and Corp tax bills with AMEX

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to pay your VAT or Corp tax bill with Amex card? Trying to see if there is some. 'loophole' to being able to make payments using this payment card.

Originally posted by bigbobj View Post
    Hi does anyone know if it is possible to pay your VAT or Corp tax bill with Amex card? Trying to see if there is some. 'loophole' to being able to make payments using this payment card.
    I pay mine in cash, it puts the money back into the legitimate system

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Should of pointed out that I'm looking to see if anyone is already paying by Amex and how they are? As this could be great for collecting Avios points.

Comment

https://ion.icaew.com/taxfaculty/b/w...rcbycreditcard

No mention of Amex

The charges tend to make it not worth doing just for the points though surely?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't tell me you don't have enough to cover your tax bill?
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by bigbobj View Post
            Should of pointed out that I'm looking to see if anyone is already paying by Amex and how they are? As this could be great for collecting Avios points.
            You can't. MC or Visa only.
            First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Don't tell me you don't have enough to cover your tax bill?
              I think he's after air miles rather than panicking. The good thing is that if you max out your dividends, you can rack up the clubcard points by paying for it with a Tesco creditcard.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I think he's after air miles rather than panicking. The good thing is that if you max out your dividends, you can rack up the clubcard points by paying for it with a Tesco creditcard.
                To really maximise it, you use your Tesco credit card to pay up to the nearest multiple of £8 to the balance and then pay the rest on a debit card or bank transfer. Tesco will round the transaction down to the nearest £8 when calculating the points.
                First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
                  You can't. MC or Visa only.
                  Lloyds do an Avios MC, but the points per £ are a lot less than you get with Amex.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Could you not get the curve and pay it on that? The air miles would easily make the fee worthwhile

Comment

Working...
                    X