• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reed deducting Apprentiship Levy?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed deducting Apprentiship Levy?!

Originally posted by AjayG View Post
    Reed have sent me a notification telling me they are cutting my rate by 12.5% to cover the Employers NI and Apprenticeship Levy, after which they will deduct the Employees NI & Income Tax!

I questioned their right to deduct the Employers NI & Apprenticeship Levy as I pointed out I am not the Employer, absolute silence on that!

Leaving!
    Oh wowser! Just when I thought it couldn't get worse! The apprentiship Levey?!? I'm copying this to a separate thread on it's own.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

This applies to both umbrellas and Ltds?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Quite a lot of information out there about this and Lisa is all over it as well so maybe she can come comment.

Apprenticeship levy is unfair on contractors, Osborne told :: Contractor UK

How the Apprenticeship Levy will affect Contractors

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...tice-levy.html

How Apprenticeship Levy will affect Recruitment Companies?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think you'll find that 13.8% will become 14.3% for most agencies.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I recently signed an opt out for my LTD.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...w-it-will-work

We are introducing the apprenticeship levy on 6 April 2017. The levy requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year, to invest in apprenticeships.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If payroll is larger than £3m (for a Group) then there's a 0.5% levy to be paid.

They can't claim it from their clients, aren't going to take it off their margin so only one place left.

Comment

Unfortunately it will apply to brollies, but on the PSC side, the contractor may see their rate negotiated down to cover it - as they try and negotiate a pay increase to cover the move to PAYE taxes

Comment

Working...
                X