• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency up front about IR35 status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency up front about IR35 status

First time I've seen a contract advertised where they are up front about the new PS IR35 stuff:

"Please be aware the client has decided this role is within IR35 legislation so the options are to switch to umbrella or have tax deducted at source and take home NetPay."

for a .net developer, £290-£300 per day, South Manchester, 6 Months

That's really useful, wouldn't it be nice if all end clients / agencies were that proactive.

It would certainly cut down a lot of the uncertainty in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick@Intouch View Post
      That's really useful, wouldn't it be nice if all end clients / agencies were that proactive.

It would certainly cut down a lot of the uncertainty in the market.
      I suspect it will become common place over the next year...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I suspect it will become common place over the next year...
        Agreed and once it does and they find that the market is not interested in taking them up on their kind offer. They will see the need to raise the rates

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          First time I've seen a contract advertised where they are up front about the new PS IR35 stuff:

"Please be aware the client has decided this role is within IR35 legislation so the options are to switch to umbrella or have tax deducted at source and take home NetPay."

for a .net developer, £290-£300 per day, South Manchester, 6 Months
          It would be VERY interesting to know who that is for.

I've had some contact about a contract which is for a Public Sector client, and is apparently definitely outside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by NORTHMAN View Post

I've had some contact about a contract which is for a Public Sector client, and is apparently definitely outside IR35.
            Yes? And?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NORTHMAN View Post

Who told you that? If its the agent...

Comment

I got an email about a public sector contract from an agency and they didn't say inside or outside just that you would have to work via an umbrella company.

Comment

Originally posted by javadude View Post
                  I got an email about a public sector contract from an agency and they didn't say inside or outside just that you would have to work via an umbrella company.
                  Mandatory brolly = inside, they are just trying to spin it rather than being explicit.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    Mandatory brolly = inside, they are just trying to spin it rather than being explicit.
                    +1 but it would be interesting to see the end clients view when you point http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...companies.html at them...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X