• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone for a Morning Run

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone for a Morning Run

Could taking up running help you get a new job? - BBC News

Hope this doesn't catch on.

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Hope this doesn't catch on.
    Never....

Comment

Funnily enough I've got two contracts due to running. The small talk was on training methods.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

At today's parkrun I found myself asking a fellow runner if I could lick him.

As he ran past me, he was commenting to his mate that he was hungover and sweating brandy.

I then bumped in to him in the token scanning queue. He said "You can lick me now, if you want".

I pretended I had no idea what he was talking about, and that he'd got the wrong red-faced sweaty woman (there were a few to pick from).

I'm not sure who was more embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

As he ran past me, he was commenting to his mate that he was hungover and sweating brandy.

I then bumped in to him in the token scanning queue. He said "You can lick me now, if you want".

I pretended I had no idea what he was talking about, and that he'd got the wrong red-faced sweaty woman (there were a few to pick from).

You should have contacted NLUK's carer via the number hanging off his necklace

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What a good idea. I think I'm going to pop out for a jog around the park.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  What a good idea. I think I'm going to pop out for a jog around the park.
                  I think you should go at 5am in the morning otherwise you will distress other runners who will think you are having a heart attack every time you stop.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Went for a morning ski instead, legs like jelly now.

Last edited by scooterscot; 26 February 2017, 18:54.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X