• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

Woman deported from UK despite being married to Briton for 27 years

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...n-for-27-years

Good to see the lads are limbering up.

Coming over here nicking our men.

Mary Poppins
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

She knew the rules.

She broke the rules

She now lives with that consequence.

I am struggling to see this as news?

Comment

According to SueEllen and the other Remnants we have always had control of our borders and it's our own fault for not enforcing the rules. But when we enforce the rules we get this. Makes the Remnants argument a bit of a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          She knew the rules.

She broke the rules

She now lives with that consequence.
          That's not really the point. The question I want answering is, how did she get to point where she was breaking the rules; why was she not granted leave to remain again? I think there is rather more to this story than is revealed in the grauniad.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The Brexit reason for leaving the EU that the EU controls our borders, to an extent, rather than us, when it comes to EU citizens. Bremainers said "no, we do have control, we're just not taking control, because it's easier to blame the EU than take action".

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            According to SueEllen and the other Remnants we have always had control of our borders when it comes to EU citizens and it's our own fault for not enforcing the rules when it comes to EU citizens . But when we enforce the rules we get this. Makes the Remnants argument a bit of a joke.
            FTFY. Do you see the problem with your argument now?

Let me spell it out for you in simple terms: This woman is not an EU citizen.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Woman deported from UK despite being married to Briton for 27 years

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...n-for-27-years

Good to see the lads are limbering up.
              Note the use of the word married not living in Britain..

Singaporean grandmother fighting deportation from Britain, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times puts a very different picture on it.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They should concentrate on getting rid of the problem people, not those like her or this one who do not appear to have deliberately done anything wrong.

They seem to go for easy targets just to boost the numbers while criminals are allowed to spend our money defending their "human rights"
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  That's not really the point. The question I want answering is, how did she get to point where she was breaking the rules; why was she not granted leave to remain again? I think there is rather more to this story than is revealed in the grauniad.
                  As always, from Eeks link.

Not unusual for there to be limitations on duration when leaving and returning for this sort of thing.

But in 1992, Mrs Clennell decided to move back to Singapore with her husband to live and work. Her ILR lapsed due to a clause that said she could not live outside Britain for more than two years.

Mr Clennell and their two sons returned to Britain in 1998, but she remained in Singapore until 1999.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

They seem to go for easy targets just to boost the numbers while criminals are allowed to spend our money defending their "human rights"
                    My sentiments exactly. How many foreign criminals are languishing in our jails at the expense of the tax payer?

Making examples of easy targets are the actions of a...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X