• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new democracy

Sure it's not just me who is never a fan of one party or another on all issues.

I'd go for UKIP to get out of the EU or reduce immigration but I don't like their often conservative bent on social issues like gay marriage, abortion etc. I'd vote for Corbyn to improve our democracy and get rid of the monarchy and the House of Lords. I'd vote Tory on economic issues because I believe that the free market, with some regulation, is the only one that works.

Now I have decided I'd like to vote for the Taliban on green issues, it can't be as daft as the green party, but not so sure about beheading women.

Wouldn't it be nice if, instead of having to vote for a one party government, we could vote for which party governs each ministry?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Sure it's not just me who is never a fan of one party or another on all issues.

I'd go for UKIP to get out of the EU or reduce immigration but I don't like their often conservative bent on social issues like gay marriage, abortion etc. I'd vote for Corbyn to improve our democracy and get rid of the monarchy and the House of Lords. I'd vote Tory on economic issues because I believe that the free market, with some regulation, is the only one that works.

Now I have decided I'd like to vote for the Taliban on green issues, it can't be as daft as the green party, but not so sure about beheading women.

Wouldn't it be nice if, instead of having to vote for a one party government, we could vote for which party governs each ministry?
    and taliban green party would be Home office, responsible about migration policy , police and other stuff . haha

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Exactly why governments need to devolve power. After religion, they are the cause of most wars.

Centralisation of power does not work. The UK has demonstrated that with the anti-establishment Brexit vote.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Is coalition the answer?
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

or a return to Democracy (Everyone votes on the major issues and everyone has the right to raise issues to be voted on)

Comment

UKIP is about controlled immigration, not reduced immigration. They are not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              UKIP is about controlled immigration, not reduced immigration. They are not the same thing.
              Do they want to control immigration by reducing it? I'm pretty sure they do.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Do they want to control immigration by reducing it? I'm pretty sure they do.
                Reducing it from uncontrolled to controlled would be a good start.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Is coalition the answer?
                  I thought it worked quite passably from 2010-15 myself.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    I thought it worked quite passably from 2010-15 myself.
                    On the plus side, you got a free mobility scooter after the inclusion of obesity in the eligibility criteria. On the minus side, you get to spend your afternoons with MF down the 'first class' day centre.

Glad that's working out for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X