• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coincidences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coincidences

Mine is very boring but maybe others have more interesting ones.

Ran out of heating oil and was looking forward to 3 days of cold showers. Just put down the phone after ordering some more, then looked out the window and same company was delivering to my neighbour. Spoke to the driver, he rang the office and my tank was filled in ten minutes.

Slightly less boring, a nephew first met his wife while they were on holiday in Spain. Turned out she lived about 5 miles away. Handy.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Mrs Eek was in London last week and stayed in the same hotel as some neighbours with their grand children.

Eek Jr walking through the Natural History museum and bumped into a friend who was in London staying with his sister...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

that was a result!

don't forget to sacrifice a Jehovah's Witness's pamphlet to Cthulhu or <insert obscure deity here>.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Was hiding in the bushes at the local canal last week with some rope and duct tape waiting to talk to some young ladies, when all of a sudden one came down all on her own. Coincidence?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No such thing as coincidence. Sasguru give a link to a statistics book a few years ago which was excellent at explain it.

People just do not understand statistics. Well, 5% do, 96% do not.....

Comment

No such thing as coincidence
            Not looking at any link by Arseguru, thanks. It's just a definition, not suggesting there is some mysterious force behind them. We create them in our minds by forgetting the billions of things that happen that have no obvious link but seize on and remember the few that do.

PS Sacrifice made to Cthulhu. Thanks for reminding me V. He is the only antidote to the law of the Great God Sod.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Went to Orlando in 2007, great holiday at the parks and Kennedy Space centre.

Anyway, we were driving into the car park of Universal Studios one day, and parked two cars along from us was a friend of mine that I'd known since school, with his family.

Small world.

Comment

I once bumped into a former colleague of mine in a bar in Beijing. Had not seen him for about 4 years and had lost touch.

Long way to go for a beer so we had a few to make it worthwhile.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Million to one chances crop up, nine times out of ten. It makes sense. There are billions of events every day. Some of them are bound to be amazingly coincidental - and we're pre-programmed to notice them.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  that was a result!

don't forget to sacrifice a Jehovah's Witness's pamphlet to Cthulhu...
                  Oh, it's their pamphlets. I always just sacrificed the JW. How embarrassing.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X