• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In what language is this NOT a threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In what language is this NOT a threat

Some of you may be familiar with the tortured divorce case I went through, well even after the "final" court order the threats continue.... Well I see them as threats yet the ex says she isn't threatening me.... well in which language is this NOT a threat or am I over-reacting?

The lawyer has told me it will cost ??k plus your fees which will cost you in total ???k. Wouldn't you rather invest ??k in a property which would make the kids believe that you are being a good dad and get the ?pct profit when we come to sell the house. That's the wise move and the good dad move rather than going to court and wasting ???k. Kids would be happy and secure and you would get a return on your investment. Choice is yours.
    The above is in relation to her using a no win no fee lawyer to freeze my assets (and I have no signficant assets) and set forensic accountants all over my affairs (and they won't find anything).
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Some of you may be familiar with the tortured divorce case I went through, well even after the "final" court order the threats continue.... Well I see them as threats yet the ex says she isn't threatening me.... well in which language is this NOT a threat or am I over-reacting?

The above is in relation to her using a no win no fee lawyer to freeze my assets (and I have no signficant assets) and set forensic accountants all over my affairs (and they won't find anything).
    Have you had the kids DNA tested yet?

Comment

Smile and nod, smile and nod. Remember she can have half of feck all which is feck all.

Next time find yourself a partner who earns similar to you, and doesn't want to get married until your youngest is nearly or actually 18 but remember to both write wills.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There is a vague threat in there of "if you don't buy me a house, I will tell your children you hate them and would rather see them homeless".

Comment

Why do people men get married FFS?

Comment

Siarad Cymraeg? It doesnt come across as a thread in Welsh.

All women are mentally unstable - my dear wife included. Having been married 20 years I now don't expect anything near rational behaviour from my wife.

Sorry SE ;-)
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Siarad Cymraeg? It doesnt come across as a thread in Welsh.

All women are mentally unstable - my dear wife included. Having been married 20 years I now don't expect anything near rational behaviour from my wife.

Sorry SE ;-)
              20 years trying to keep food on the table on benefits would drive any woman to depression.

Comment

A thinly veiled threat there but there is also logic in there. I guess there is some ill feeling which makes it hard to get past.

I hope it works out for the best

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Stockholm syndrome can have that effect.
                  First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

So currently she's housed and remunerated by the state (at a level that is determined to be satisfactory for large numbers of people)?
                    and you've got the court order for maintenance?

She'll just have to get a job then.

Comment

Working...
                    X